The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am looking at tsc and Jeffers livestock. What is the best kind of wormer for my boer does and little wether? Also what other things should I have on hand? Like vitamin e gel and stuff like that

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Are any if your does preggers? If so that does change things quite a bit. Ivomec, or Ivomec Plus I've heard that it safe on preggo goats, and Valbalzon is a good one too, but not safe for preggo goats. I actually use positive pellets, and all except 1 goat needed more.

I just ordered the selenium vit e gel, and the b complex to go with it... Good results...

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
Am looking at tsc and Jeffers livestock. What is the best kind of wormer for my boer does and little wether? Also what other things should I have on hand? Like vitamin e gel and stuff like that
If you suspect worms, I would suggest getting a fecal done. Either collect berries from each doe, or collect a herd sample and take them in for a fecal. I would collect the wether seperately, and include cocci on all of them. That is the only way you will know what you're dealing with and can then treat accordingly. While you're at the vet, ask him/her about resistance problems in the area. Chances are good that if anyone has encountered them they will have talked to their vet about it. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts