The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting paperwork going for this girl. I know she is Sandgua, just like her sire. I'm just wondering is she considered a silver or just roan?
Her sire has flatrocks in his lineage and I know they have a lot of silvers. Hans is sort of silver also, but I've always just considered him heavily roaned.
Camelid Llama Terrestrial animal Snout Livestock

Goat Working animal Plant Fawn Terrestrial animal

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
I'm with Groovy on that one!

Reactions: billiejw89

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
is there black and white hairs or gray hairs? B/W would be roan, gray would be silver. I dont register my goats, but this is how you tell in a horse
I will take a closer look. thanks

Wow, they are absolutely beautiful!!
Thank you! Hans has been an awesome herd sire for us. He is also homozygous for blue eyes!

·
Premium Member
4,746 Posts
I'm getting paperwork going for this girl. I know she is Sandgua, just like her sire. I'm just wondering is she considered a silver or just roan?
Her sire has flatrocks in his lineage and I know they have a lot of silvers. Hans is sort of silver also, but I've always just considered him heavily roaned.
View attachment 152791
View attachment 152793
Oh goodness! They are both lovely!

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Flatrocks, you say? Does the name Flatrocks Elevation ring a bell?
I do not recall that one. I remember looking into it some time ago, because I wondered if Hans' silver came from flatrocks. I did make the connection, Han's Dam is Prairie Wood PB Forget-Me-Not her sire is Prairie Wood Pinnacle Blues, and his sire is Flat Rocks Prairie Hawk.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts