The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my Nigerian Dwarf buck Jimmy. When we got him about a month ago, he had lost a lot of hair on his legs, back, head, and tail. We dusted him with DE and game him 1 1/4 CC of Noromectin for mites. We also gave him some selenium and got him on some free feed minerals for goats. A lot of his hair is growing back nice and shiny, but his tail is still bald and kind of scabbie. His testies are a bit callous on the bottom as well. He is the sweetest billy goat I have ever met so I want to take the best care of him. So, what's this look like to you?

Attachments

·
Registered
424 Posts
Not sure as I'm still new but is he copper deficient? When looking at the second picture it looked like he had a fish tail that just lost more hair (but I'm on my phone so it may not be that bad). I would wait to see what some of the more experienced people on here say:)

·
Registered
30,676 Posts
Im thinking mites...if it is then ivomec 3 times a week apart 1 cc per 40# sub Q

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mites is what I thought too. I did a selenium dose about a week ago, because our area has no selenium in the ground at all. I bought some copper rods to dose a couple of the other goats, so he'll be getting some as well. As essential oils are expensive, I will look for NuStock. Thank you for all the quick help!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts