The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
4,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a gallon of wheat germ oil from valley vet and I'm wondering if I can/should keep it in the fridge? I can either store it in my house or, in my garage in the fridge where all my feed stuff is. It would be pretty convenient to have it out in the garage fridge, but I wasn't sure if it would turn solid like olive oil when chilled.

·
Super Moderator
32,215 Posts
Good question. I keep mine on my pantry shelf. Maybe put a little in a jar then in your frig..see how it behaves?

·
Super Moderator
32,215 Posts
I'll have to check my bottle now

·
Super Moderator
32,215 Posts
Other than being a bit past the "best when used by" date, doesn't say..but did say will separate when chilled and should be mixed well before use.

Attachments

·
Registered
381 Posts
I bought the NOW Wheat Germ Oil and it says to refrigerate after opening. The pasture is below the house, not far, but the fridge is upstairs in the house. So...

I believe the recommendation is 1/2 teaspoon? On top of their grain? For a couple days?

I was going to test it out this week and see if they like it or if it's going to be a hassle.

Anyone have any tips on taking it from the house fridge to the barn? I was just going to put it in a plastic container and then put on top of the grain.

·
Super Moderator
59,927 Posts
I don't know about the amount. It has been a long time since I used it. I believe I did a tablespoon daily. And I know I did it for at least a month. Definitely need to do it more than a couple days

1 - 19 of 19 Posts