When am I going to have babies?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by goatboat, Nov 8, 2010.

1. goatboat

goatboat New Member

Okay, let me first explain that I have NO EARTHLY CLUE of when my doe Galadale was bred due to no fault of my own. I bought her at auction, I was told she was due "very soon", but I could have guessed that too since she was fat and her udders were filling. Her owner was not present. From what I can guess, she looks to have alpine, other say she probably has nubian in her, which I think so too. She has broken teeth, so I am not sure at all about her age, except she looks (to me) to be a lot younger to be having broken teeth.

I am going to give a link to photo bucket (since I have trouble myself seeing pics after I compress them down to post here).

PLEASE! give me your guess on when she'll give birth! I've lost a lot of sleep watching this doe, she's my first prego doe, so I am worried. Do you think it's a single baby or twins?

Thank ya'll again!!

Oh, btw pray for little girls and a healthy normal birthing! Thank! :kidred:

http://s1089.photobucket.com/albums/i35 ... oss%20doe/

Let me know if you have trouble with the page!

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    broken teeth or just missing teeth? goats loose teeth as they age up to 5 years old.

have you tried checking for ligaments? they run on either side of the tail head.

I cant tell you when she is due but it looks to be soon I would presume.

3. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

Now remember this is just a guess but I wanna say within the next 3 days and she is having a single do not hold me to any of this because I am new to goats also. But that is my best educated guess.

4. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Stacey's right, goats will lose their front teeth til around 5 years old, if she has broken front teeth it could be from chewing things she shouldn't.
    With the fill on her udder, I'd say within a week or 2, she doesn't look wide to me but is deep so she could only have a single in there.
    Theres definately some nubian in her with her ears, could be alpine too.

5. goatboat

goatboat New Member

Her teeth are broken, not missing. There are little nubs with yellowing on them in the front. I kick myself in the butt because I should have gotten pics of them too while I was *in her own words* torturing her! :ROFL: She was fun to clip, let me tell you!

Is it normal for a doe to not like her sides touched when pregnant? I will also say that she is not the friendliest goat, not mean, but certainly not handled much before I purchased her. She will show me her horns when I go to touch her sides, ever where else she's okay with me touching. I smack her neck when she does it, because I don't want her to think she can get away with being bad, but I limit myself to touching her sides ONLY every few days when I examine her.

Thanks for your guesses. I should take bets :shades: I think I could make a lot of money :slapfloor:

Who ever guesses right gets a cookie! :stars:

6. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

My does dont let me touch there sides now that they are prego. So maybe it is a prego thing and they feel fat LOL.

7. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    i say maybe a week - week and a half

8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I agree with what was said.... Happy kidding... :greengrin: :thumb:

9. goatboat

goatboat New Member

no baby(s) yet :sigh:
    but she is doing good in all other repects. :)

Dude!!!!!! I can't believe how much bigger her udders have filled! I did not expect her to fill SO big! It's so funny to what her run for breakfast and supper!

She's been good when I've messed with her udders too (better then when I brought her home. I've just been gently touching so when I do go to milk she's not a problem. I've even been sticking a bowl under her so she gets used to that too and I keep these sessions short and sweet (I am NOT milking her, just getting her used to everything else involved, I know babies need colustrum)

I will post back when we have something happen. Most likely with 1 million and 1 pictures! :)

thanks!

10. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    That is a smart idea..... great thinking... :greengrin: :hug:

I love to see.... 1 million and 1 pictures! ... :laugh: :wink: :thumb:

11. RedStickLA

RedStickLA New Member

Jan 6, 2009
    South Louisiana
    Praying you have a happy and healthy kidding! And thinking PINK! :stars: Looking forward to the pictures!