When can you start to see or feel movement?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by kannm, Nov 23, 2010.

1. kannm

kannm New Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Hi,

How soon after a goat gets pregnant can you feel the babies moving?

2. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    Usually not until the last month or so of pregnancy in my experience :) It is pretty cool when It happens!

3. Bebop

Bebop New Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Baumholder, Germany
    I sometimes see little hooves poking out ^_^ I can defintely feel them too! I hope she kids when we get back from TN!

4. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I get my girls on the stand for their grain at around 2 months preggy, I start to feel bellies and touch udders so they are used to me and I can usually feel movement at about mid 4th month...little flutters against my palm, it's not til the end of the 4th month into the 5th that I can see movement.

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I agree... that later in the pregnancy... is easier to feel for movement..... it is so neat... feeling the life inside ...just waiting to arrive.... when it is time... :hi5: :thumb:

6. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    At the three month mark, with two months left to go, I have been able to feel kids on most of my does.

7. WarPony

WarPony New Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Michigan
    where is the best place to try feeling for the babies moving?

8. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    under belly before the udder or right side..... sometimes... it takes being in the right place at the right time ....while others....just by a light push... puts them in action ....depending on when their due date is.... the closer to it ...the more movement times you will feel.... :wink: :thumb:

9. WarPony

WarPony New Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Michigan
    Thanks!!!

10. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    I felt movement about a week or so ago on our doe who is due on New Years. It was light bumps, but definitely was the kid. I also felt movement with our first two does about this far along in their pregnancy.
    My girls love their bellies rubbed, so it makes it easy to feel for movement :)

11. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Your welcome....anytime... :thumb: :greengrin: