The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So ive always thought boer goats go into heat sometime every month. Last month one of mine was in heat. However i got a 2 year old boer goat who aborted her kid last year and she seems to give attention to my buck but not any more attention then what she gives the other goats.....I'm wondering if she's just not in heat yet or what's the deal there.

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
I also found out with one of my does Nubian/Lamancha, she couldn't breed because of a severe copper deficiency... You may or may not want to check on that... I was ready to give up on my doe, and now low and behold I have a "new goat":)

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
So ive always thought boer goats go into heat sometime every month. Last month one of mine was in heat. However i got a 2 year old boer goat who aborted her kid last year and she seems to give attention to my buck but not any more attention then what she gives the other goats.....I'm wondering if she's just not in heat yet or what's the deal there.
Meat breeds do indeed go into heat roughly every 21 days, assuming they are fertile and are not cystic. However, goats appear to be somewhat shy about breeding in daylight hours. I rarely see my girls courting my buck, or him servicing them for that matter, but they almost always deliver kids within 2-3 weeks of the date I put the buck in with them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts