when do you start counting? -poll-

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by StaceyRosado, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Day of breeding is day 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Day after breeding is day 1

100.0%
  1. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I know I have asked this before, but I dont remember what the consensis was :doh:

what day do you start counting for the 150 or 145 days?

I usualy start on the day of breeding. But Fiasco Farm must do it the day after breeding as I have counted out a due date of May 1st but FF says May2nd

2. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I know you're supposed to start counting the day after breeding as day one but I always do the day of breeding. The only reason I do that is because its just easier for me to remember that way.

3. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I count the day after as day 1 and go to 145.

4. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Well, I use that fiasco calender and it asks for the date bred. I never thought about it before. :dance:

5. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    I go by the day of breeding... but Demi was taken on a Monday and stayed a whole week... so what day to take then? aha. I just took the first day =]

LW

6. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    I use Fiasco Farm's due date calculator to find out a due date. Then I count backwards from the due date. For example: Anna, Fuchsia and Hallelujah are due March 4th. So that's day 150, so 145 falls on Feb 27th. 140 falls on Feb 22nd. etc. That's how I do mine.

7. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    I count the day of breeding. I use a different calculator though. http://desertsun.topcities.com/goatpreg.htm This one is based on 145 days, I add one day to make 146. I am thinking I might add another day to make it 147, but for now, this is what I do.