When do you start to worry......

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by strothergoats, Mar 8, 2008.

1. strothergoats

strothergoats New Member

Nov 22, 2007
    Louisiana
    I have a 3 yr old Nubian doe, 2nd freshening, that is now by my stockeeper calculator day 155 but bred date is October 5, 2007 which would make her 153. As long as things are progressing such as, udder filling, ligaments loosening..... When do you start to worry? She has showed no signs of labor or going into labor as of yet. Just wondering as my patience are growing thin...LOL :hair: :pray:
    Lori

2. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    I start to get worried after 160.I get impatiant way before that.LOL

3. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    I would start to worry if she stops eating or acts in distress. As long as she is progressing, I wouldnt worry much.

4. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Lori, I think as long as things are progressing, you are fine, it is when they STOP, that is when you need to start checking things over. You said her utter is filling up, that is good, how full is it? Is it tight and shinny yet? I believe she just wants to make you :hair: pull you hair out.
    Keep us posted.

5. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I had a doe go till 154, I've read that does take longer to bake, and Val had twin does after going that long :D

6. strothergoats

strothergoats New Member

Nov 22, 2007
    Louisiana
    See all I needed to do was ask.........She kidded this morning with triplet bucklings. She is an Nubian and we got small, medium and large. The small is probably about 2lb, then 5lbs and then 7lbs....weight will be official later tonight and pictures will be coming soon. First one came one hoof and head and still in the bubble and she just quit........so I assisted got him out, which was good as he had already passed the meconium. Then no pushing just wanted to sleep and quit.........so up we go and get #2 same senerio one hoof and head but smaller so no problem assisting........then last but not least the little one came of course he just slipped right out. Had one other slight problem with number one......she had him laying down and so the cord was still attached and very large in diameter. I tied two spots off and cut in the middle but apparently not tight enough on the baby and he started bleeding........on my bad.....so pinched it off and got my daughter to tie it off. She was so scared that I had to pass him to her and finished pulling it tight. He is fine now but talk about scared. So now we are resting....LOL :stars:

7. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Well congrats on the new additions!! :stars: :thumb:

8. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Congrats on the boys! See, all those babies, they just had to "cook" longer! Hope mama wasn't too tired to feed them.

9. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    congrats on the :boy: :boy: :boy: !!!

10. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Congrats! :stars: