When do your does seem to kid?

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by DaveyFarm, Feb 25, 2008.

1. DaveyFarm

DaveyFarm New Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Hamburg, PA
    I realized today that 5 of my 7 kiddings were during the day. After 10-11am. Are my goats way too civilized? When do your does seem to give birth? :shrug:

2. all1965

all1965 New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    AR
    All my does have been between 10 am- 9 pm. I have never had one go early in the morning or real late at night which I am very thankful for.

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    my doe who kidded the end of January kidded sometime about 7-8 am. When I went out at about 8:45 am the little boy was standing and almost dry. The doeling was still extremely wet, not standing and it was almost 0 degrees outside.

I wish I would have known that she was out there kidding. She never made a sound! And she was day 143 to boot!

4. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Mine have been all round the clock almost this year. Several kidded around midnight, one at 7:00 a.m. one around 6:00 p.m. and some in the afternoons. I think they were trying to make me insane!! :roll:

5. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Mine have varied over the past kiddings. This time I had 2 go @ midnight 1 went @8 am and the other at 5 pm. The ONLY way to have a goatie give birth at the Right time for you is to expect them to do the opposite!LOL :ROFL:

6. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    Lately it's been around 9 a.m. :dance: I'm very greatful to my does for that

7. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    last year all mine kidded between 10:00am and 1:00pm

which ment I wasn't around for 4 of the 5 births due to my work schedule!

8. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Well for this year we had ...
    Contredanse kid at 2:30pm
    Daisy at 5:30am
    Potsie kid at 8am
    Civil kid at just after midnight
    Minuet kid at 6pm
    Blossom kid at just after midnight

Last year. These are approximates. I can remember the time pretty good on nearly all of them...
    Blossom kidded at 3pm
    Berry at 11am
    Andromeda 8pm
    Rose 6pm
    Bailey 4pm
    Fuchsia 2pm
    Faith 8am
    Petite 5pm
    Nimue 1pm
    Rose 8pm
    Blessing 6am

My times are all over the place.

However, that being said. I have noticed a good round-about way to tell when my girls will kid. If I notice the ligaments gone in the AM it'll be a late evening kidding. If they go midday it'll be a wee-hours of the night kidding and if they lose them around 5pm its 6am that they kid. If they lose them around 10-11pm then its midday or late the next morning. Rarely really fails.

9. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Davey your goats are on an evil scheme. See they want you to think they've established some sense of order :p

Sweetgums thats great how you have the ligs down.

Last yr everyone kidded around 9am, except one who waited till that last barn check at midnight and probably popped them all out two minutes later cause I found 3 super dried babies in the morning.

This yr it has been 11pm, 4pm 7:45am, and 10am.

first season was 7am and the other two 9am.One sister waited till 4pm.

10. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    Out of the 4 kiddings that happened here, my does usually go between 5am and 10am