The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realized today that 5 of my 7 kiddings were during the day. After 10-11am. Are my goats way too civilized? When do your does seem to give birth? :shrug:

·
Registered
8,907 Posts
my doe who kidded the end of January kidded sometime about 7-8 am. When I went out at about 8:45 am the little boy was standing and almost dry. The doeling was still extremely wet, not standing and it was almost 0 degrees outside.

I wish I would have known that she was out there kidding. She never made a sound! And she was day 143 to boot!

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Mine have been all round the clock almost this year. Several kidded around midnight, one at 7:00 a.m. one around 6:00 p.m. and some in the afternoons. I think they were trying to make me insane!! :roll:

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Well for this year we had ...
Contredanse kid at 2:30pm
Daisy at 5:30am
Potsie kid at 8am
Civil kid at just after midnight
Minuet kid at 6pm
Blossom kid at just after midnight

Last year. These are approximates. I can remember the time pretty good on nearly all of them...
Blossom kidded at 3pm
Berry at 11am
Andromeda 8pm
Rose 6pm
Bailey 4pm
Fuchsia 2pm
Faith 8am
Petite 5pm
Nimue 1pm
Rose 8pm
Blessing 6am

My times are all over the place.

However, that being said. I have noticed a good round-about way to tell when my girls will kid. If I notice the ligaments gone in the AM it'll be a late evening kidding. If they go midday it'll be a wee-hours of the night kidding and if they lose them around 5pm its 6am that they kid. If they lose them around 10-11pm then its midday or late the next morning. Rarely really fails.

·
14,615 Posts
Davey your goats are on an evil scheme. See they want you to think they've established some sense of order :p

Sweetgums thats great how you have the ligs down.

Last yr everyone kidded around 9am, except one who waited till that last barn check at midnight and probably popped them all out two minutes later cause I found 3 super dried babies in the morning.

This yr it has been 11pm, 4pm 7:45am, and 10am.

first season was 7am and the other two 9am.One sister waited till 4pm.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts