When goats decide to have the last laugh......

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by StaceyRosado, Jan 26, 2010.

1. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    So I had all my plans together. And so far it seemed to be working.

Everyone is bred except Ziva and all is good.
    SP & Angie to Dude
    Lola and Mocha to Zee
    and Jbug to Lark

Then today I bought a new package of treats and the goats instantly knew they were in my pocket so when the following story happends I figured she was after the treats.

I am boarding 2 does for breeding to my buck "Dude"

the opening to this breeding pen is inside the goats pen so I feed the girls and then take hay to the breeding pen. One doe is slipping through - no biggy they are all bred and Ziva isnt in heat.

Look to see who it is, oh its sweet Mocha :angelgoat: ........

BAM Dude breeds her and she is SO HAPPY :devilish: Darn goat!

the little stinker never came into heat that I could see and then when she was on heat I took her to see Zee but we had to hold her to breed. But never saw a sign of heat after that and figured well she must have settled and just was a shy doe about the whole breeding thing. Well she certainly wasnt shy tonight. :eek:hlala: :lovey:

OH my how proud she was of herself. :laugh:

oh well

2. pennylullabelle

pennylullabelle New Member

lol that's awesome! Is it a good pairing at least?

3. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    all the bucks are real nice -- I have nothing against Dude and Mocha pairing but I wanted to keep a doe kid from Mocha this year and then eventually a buck kid from Lola and Dude so this makes my life frustrating. GRRR

Anyway I got Zee last year for the sole purpose of breeding all my girls and now I have only 1 doe bred to him because Dude is the conniving one ugh

Looks like Dude maybe on the for sale list come fall after he breeds Lola

4. pennylullabelle

pennylullabelle New Member

Who will have the last laugh then? Muah hah hah

5. Idahodreamer

Idahodreamer Senior Member

Oh that's both horrible and funny . . . :slapfloor:
    I have never owned a buck but are they hard to keep penned? i am planning on owning my first buck this year so i was wondering. . .

6. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh he is great about staying in his pen -- is a sweet heart

he took forever to realize he was a buck! And once he did he wastes NO TIME in breeding does who are in heat!

Angie was suppose to be bred to Zee -- but she did the fancy sneak as well and Dude BAM got her in a nano second! (I didnt even get the gate closed!

So really its the does fault and not his. He is just taking advantage of whats provided to him

7. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Are you sure she was in heat? If my boys get out they will chase any and all goats until they mount one.

8. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh no she was extremely proud of herself flagging him and standing with a smug look I have NEVER seen her so happy!

Anytime a buck would come near she would run screaming the other direction even when in heat! So this was new to me too for her. She wanted him BAD :roll:

Honestly I am glad she is bred for sure (I always had my doubts that she took) but frustrated that it was Dude and not Zee. :GAAH:

Dude is nice but Zee has more length which is what she needs - and I only have one doe bred to Zee now :sigh:

9. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    You know, when they want something they get it don't they?

Stacey, I bet you will have the best babies just because that is not how you wanted it. They know what will make great babies.

10. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
  11. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    maybe :hair:

12. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Member

Oct 19, 2009
  13. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Why that little trollop! Stace you had me roaring here the way you described the scene.

14. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh I was too -- it was very funny. As I said I have never seen Mocha so happy.

15. creekbottomgoats

creekbottomgoats Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Mississippi
    Goats!! :hair:

I am doing DNA testing now because of a story like that. Two great bucks, one blue eyed, 2X Grand Champion (hoping to finish this spring) and the other Reserve Grand Champion. It is not a problem either way, but when them sweet little goats are in heat.....all it takes is a second and well......I will have to pay for my mistake. Beautiful kids and will be great herd sires, but whos your daddy?

I hand breed and I said nothing like that could ever happen to me.....I am eating my words now!! :greengrin: Anything is possible with my little goaties. :angel2:

Connie

Your story was too funny! Thanks for sharing. LOL

16. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    LOL...Your description of the events were PERFECT! Smug little darlings aren't they when they get what you DON'T want?!

17. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    :ROFL: what a sneak..... she had eyes for Dude.... hehe :wink:

18. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    LOL
    I love the way you told the story with the smilies... :goattruck:

19. CrossCreekTX

CrossCreekTX New Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Central East Texas
    My buck climbed the fence into the doeling pen. I'm hoping the littlest one is NOT pg. Have no idea on dates for either since he climbed in a couple of times and I didn't witness any mating. He is no longer with us, thank the Good Lord.