The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
31/2 mths ago I bought an 'Open' milking doe, with 2 kids at foot (kids were 8 mths old) She was to tide me over in milk while I waited for my other doe to kid. So she dried herself up, so I got suspicious. She is now heavily pregnent. She has not mated my buck, So must have been in kid when she arrived.

It is really hard, as she is my first ever doe to kid, and I dont have a due date. Im possitive she is in kid, as you can see the kids feet push though her side.
She lost her mucous plug 2 days ago. I have read they can take a mth after that. I have some pics, I thought i might see if some experienced goat owners know how long im likely to have to wait.

The base of her tail looks rather hollow and raised. I think i can feel her ligaments, but they are rather thick, and softish.
She has really dropped, and she is very hollow on her sides.
Her udder is filling up, but still not tight, and the teats dont look filled.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there is a noticable difference in her udder from yesterday to today. She is by no means tight, and her teats seem empty

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
How long has it been since her belly dropped and she became hollowed out in front of her hip bones?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts