When is she going to kid?

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Goober, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Goober

Goober New Member

Aug 21, 2009
    This goat is giving me fits! I was told when I got the two of them in July that they "thought everyone got bred around the 1st of June." That would give me another month and a half, which I was counting on. I don't think her belly can drop much lower (definitely lower than 10 days ago), she had started working on her udder, although it hasn't progressed, both sides of her tailhead are sunken in. I think I am still feeling the ligaments somewhat, they are just lower and more forward than usual? I haven't seen any discharge. A bit restless, when she is lying down, she has to keep shifting position, itching, etc. Spends most of her time on my front porch, breathing fairly rapidly. Her vulva has more substance to it than it did before. How long do I have left?! Oh, I can't post the pictures, apparently they are too big.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    If bred the first of June then your doe is due around the 1st of November. ok counted and ti would be Aprox 150 days is October 29th

to be starting an udder around now is perfectly normal for her stage in pregnancy.

goats get uncomfortable when pregnant and everything becomes a dramatic move :shades:

3. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Yep Stacey said it all.

OH she is doing her job quite well if you are going crazy. That is what they are best for.

4. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

Yup, sounds normal to me. Aparently you havnt read the "does code od honor"
    beth

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    :wink: ....yep... I agree..... :thumbup: she is on the count down... to driving you nuts...LOL Called..... "Pull out your hair club"... :hair: