When posty and can't walk right-how long?

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by logansmommy7, May 7, 2010.

1. logansmommy7

logansmommy7 New Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    My doe's ligaments are ALMOST gone...a little left of one and she is not laying down in the stall. Earlier tonight she was NOT walking right--and posty for sure...just wondering how long might it be? I'm keeping vigil.... :greengrin:

2. Idahodreamer

Idahodreamer Senior Member

My does tend to 'stretch' a lot after going posty. Sit in the corner of the stall and keep an eye on her for about 15 minutes, and if you see her stretching subtly then she's getting the kids into position.... my does usually kid a day or so after starting the stretching business.
    :stars:

3. logansmommy7

logansmommy7 New Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    She has lost her ligaments over about 2 hours....does this mean anything? I know every doe is different, just looking for some perspective from the experts! :)

4. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Once her ligs are gone she should kid within 12 hours.

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I had a doe wait way over the 12 hours - but thats not often

HOw is she tonight?

6. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Lol, yes I had one wait a bit longer too, but I said should, not will. lol :slapfloor:

7. logansmommy7

logansmommy7 New Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    She is up and down again. I have been watching/waiting...nothing streaming yet...but lots of grunting...

8. logansmommy7

logansmommy7 New Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    Still nothing but felt where the ligaments were-extreme mush. She is out in our little paddock grazing again this morning after being up and down all night. I stayed until around midnight and checked periodically. Do they normally want to eat at this point?

9. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    Some doe's eat during labor and only stop long enough to push a kid out. Push, eat, push, eat through the whole birthing process.

10. logansmommy7

logansmommy7 New Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    Well...she is done eating-I think. She is really miserable and contracting lots-no stringy stuff coming out yet though. The mucous plug came out earlier...now the wait continues. Hoping for some babies today!

11. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    she sounds like ....she is getting closer..... shouldn't be to much longer.... :hug:

12. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    Unfortunatly it could be several more weeks. Some doe's loose the plug a month before delivery. Hopefully yours won't make you wait too long.

13. Goat Crazy

Goat Crazy New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    NE Ohio
    I had 3 does do this to me when they lost their ligaments and were restless all day.The one doe did it all day then kidded at 9:00pm,the other same thing she didn't kid until the next morning and the last does acted the same as the other 2 kidded at 4:30-5:00 pm.
    I hope your girl goes soon for you.

14. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Can you get a side picture and a picture from behind to look at belly and udder??

15. maple hill farm tina

maple hill farm tina Senior Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Rich Patch, Virginia
    Any updates? How's she doing now?

-Tina

16. logansmommy7

logansmommy7 New Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    Well-we thought she lost her plug but it was just gradually coming out. At the end-her plug came out and the babies were about ten minutes behind-it was like plug came and then there was a bubble-I was waiting for the stream everyone speaks of-she had no stream! Crazy!

17. Idahodreamer

Idahodreamer Senior Member

For some reason, streaming in NDs is kinda rare. :? My Daisy didn't have nothin at all----and I yawned, looked at my watch, wiggled my frozen toes and looked up and she was pushin the bubble out . . . . LOL. ;) Congrats!!!! :stars:

18. maple hill farm tina

maple hill farm tina Senior Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Rich Patch, Virginia
    YEA!! Congratulations!
    :stars:

-Tina

19. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
  20. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I knew she sounded close.... a big congrats....can't wait... to see pics of them..... :clap: :wink: :thumb: