when to clasify as Jr. or Sr.

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by kelebek, Sep 16, 2008.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    At what age do you classify a doe a Jr or Sr doe?

What age do you classify a buck a Jr or Sr buck?

I am wanting to revamp my entire website and am looking for the correct terms.

Thank you

(So if you see me bumping around your website I am just "peaking" at how you have it arranged and thanks in advance!)

2. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Well, I have three pages for our does. Senior does (2+ yrs) yearling does, junior does (any doe that is a year and under, not freshened. We don't have any first-fresheners yet, but when we do I was going to merge the yearling does and first-fresheners together since we do not have that many goats. Hope this helps some! :) Oh, we only have one buck - but we if were to have more, I would classify a Sr. buck as such when he turns two years. Just my thoughts though. . . . . :)

3. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    Dry Yearlings are considered Juniors still. As soon as they freshen they are considered a senior.

4. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    that helps - thank you soooo much!

5. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    I just made a junior does and yearling does page to kind of separate the two. Right now we have a few jr. does that are quite young and some that are getting closer to the yearling mark, so that's why I did that. It also makes the page not so long. :)

6. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

all my milking does are on my sr. doe page, anything not freshened is on the jr. doe page. Bucks all go on one page because i dont have many, i go youngest to oldest and then my reference bucks are also on that page.
    beth