When to udders start?

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by rebelshope, Mar 28, 2009.

1. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Chey has not kidded yet.

She has started to get an udder though, but that started awhile ago. I was wondering how far out can their udders start to fill? I think it has been over a month.
  2. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Do you have a due date on her?

Even with FF the udder developes around 3 months in, then the filling can start as early as a month to as late as 2 weeks before delivery, some don't even "fill" their udders ti after they deliver! My Angel now has a nice sized udder at 2 weeks fresh , when she delivered it scared me to think that she was needing to feed twins!

Cheyenne is a pygmy, right? From what I can recall with my lateDolly, her FF was with twins and her udder filled tight the day she delivered.

3. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Yeah, Chey is a pyg. I don't have a good date on her. I have written on my calendar to start watching on wed, but I have already started because was just in with a buck for a few months so I don't have a firm date. I am never going to do that again. She has started to fill in, maybe a month or so ago. It seems to have been getting a bit bigger tonight.
  4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    sounds like you are closer, when you notice that big change as ti is getting tigher youknow you are in the 12-24 hour range