When will my Alpine come into heat?!

Discussion in 'Dairy Diaries' started by tracyqh, Oct 6, 2010.

1. tracyqh

tracyqh New Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Ohio
    My Boer/Lamancha must be a hussy. She came in and was bred the 1st week the buck showed up. My Alpine doe doesn't even know he's alive. I have her across the fence because she's going to another farm to be bred.

2. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    You know, I took a doe to a friends to be bred. I new when she was going to go into heat, so I tool her over a day or two before she was to come into heat. Ok, they called and said it is done. Great. I went and picked her up. well, about 20 days after the deed was done she was all over the fence trying to get to my buck. WHAT :veryangry: No I can not believe this, I new she was coming into heat and he was all intrested in her. I loaded her back becasue she had her butt all in his face and flagging like no other. I put her back with the buck. NOPE She wanted NOTHING to do with him. I have seen does that will not let the buck get near them even in heat becuase they want another boy. :doh:
    I am hoping he bred her the first time and this was a false heat.

3. tracyqh

tracyqh New Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Ohio
    HA! Maybe that's it. She just hasn't found the right man! :laugh:
    I was thinking of just taking her to the breeder the 1st of the month. It's only $2/day board so that will be okay. I'd like to see her come in this week so I could plan alittle better, but I can only do what she tells me. :)