The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I'm still new with my goats and I am expecting our first kidding... Thing is, I'm not positive to the due date... My last documented heat was Aug. 21st and I, being super excited, am out there with my doe Geera, a million times a day... So since I think she is clenching them in out of spite am forced to come here and ask how close you all think she could be? I have noticed her hips more like her belly has dropped and might be my imagination but I'm pretty sure her bag has filled some, I have checked her tendons at her tail that feel loose? But I'm not positive... In so frustrated. Someone help me the anticipation is killing me. Mammal Fawn Terrestrial animal Snout Livestock
Vertebrate Mammal Denim Barefoot Foot
Eye Gesture Ear Fawn Dog breed

Molly. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just did the math, I am wrong about the last heat dates and it just so happens everything I put in my calendar goat related got erased.. Ugh. This means I have no idea when the last heat is. All I know is it had to have been late July to mid August.

·
Registered
626 Posts
My doe was bred around the same date-be for I became her new owner, so I assumed she was due around New yr this year.....and she's driving me nuts. I'm in the same boat, waiting....and waiting....and WAITING. Lol she lost her plug yesterday. All it is is a waiting game. I can see them kicking up a storm now that they've dropped. Just keep an eye on her!!!!!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gosh I'm so excited for her to kid. I'm hoping for twins but I'm guessing it's a single kid. What do you guess? Amazing how attached we get to our girls... I mean I love my billy too but this doe is my special girl. I don't know about sleep yet... I'm so excited I'll probably continue to fuss over her since I would be devastated if I missed anything haha!!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Im betting twins or Triplets. I love all of my goats. :] i admit, my girls are my favorite too, even though I only bottle raised my two bucks. lol i guess were like that. maybe its becuase theyre pregnant. haha.

·
Registered
626 Posts
what Im experincing with my doe, everyone is different, is her udder filling in bit by bit, and tonight with domino Ive noticed that her hoohah is swelling more-less wrinkly around the lips and sids around her tail...and the hard pencil like sides of her tail, (Ligaments) will be like mush. and look swollen. thats how my doe is tonight. but I know she close. Just keep an eye on your doe and make sure to keep checking her over.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's such a shame we can't share videos here... If anyone wanted to see some belly movement from today I posted a short video on my instagram... Just look up user "nathpets" a lot of movements on the right side but also seeing along I. The left making me think she's got twins but I'm not positive. Still waiting for those kids :) happy new year all!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.