The Goat Spot Forum banner

Where ca someone go to look at other peoples goat houses?

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  SDK 
#1 ·
Is there a website where we can go to look at other goat house to get some ideas on building ours? Thanks

#6 ·
Re: Where ca someone go to look at other peoples goat houses

We are building a 16'x12' shed for our girls using pallets for the frame. Here is a thread I started about it, and I have added info on what we plan to use to finish it.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14832&p=185156#p185156

Pallets are free, and you can get them from feed stores if you ask and tell them what you are using them for then usually they are really nice about giving them away opposed to trying to sell them <many people collect pallets to fix and resell so some places want to charge for the pallets because of this>.

You can build run in shed with them, and cover them with a thick tarp. We are going to build run in shed's doing this especially when we get a buck. You can get extra pallets and pull the boards off, nail them over the spaces in the boards you plan to use to keep wind/rain from blowing in the sides.

Our temporary shelter for our does is next to our permanent shed. I wish it wasn't dark or I'd take a picture. I put 2 pallets on each side, lined them up end per end, and put 2 longer pallets across the top, so a total of 6 pallets <sorry I am not great at explaining this!>. Since it's temporary I didn't use nails to hold it together, but it's standing very firm on it's own. I put a tarp over the top, and put pieces of wood over it to keep it from blowing around/coming off.

I hope you find what your looking for, and remember pallets are FREE and can be of great use! We saved SO MUCH $$$ using them for our frame!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.