Where ca someone go to look at other peoples goat houses?

Discussion in 'Barnyard Bananza' started by funonahonda, May 5, 2010.

1. funonahonda

funonahonda New Member

May 2, 2010
    Is there a website where we can go to look at other goat house to get some ideas on building ours? Thanks

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

3. mrs. lam

mrs. lam New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Re: Where ca someone go to look at other peoples goat houses

I really like the cattle panel houses. We are planning to make some of them on the new place. We also use pallets to build run in sheds. :)

Gina

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

Are you sure... it wasn't the topic below that you thought was this topic...LOL
    I don't see that it was deleted... :shrug: :wink:

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=14231&p=182467&hilit=houses#p182467

5. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

We are building a 16'x12' shed for our girls using pallets for the frame. Here is a thread I started about it, and I have added info on what we plan to use to finish it.
    viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14832&p=185156#p185156

Pallets are free, and you can get them from feed stores if you ask and tell them what you are using them for then usually they are really nice about giving them away opposed to trying to sell them <many people collect pallets to fix and resell so some places want to charge for the pallets because of this>.

You can build run in shed with them, and cover them with a thick tarp. We are going to build run in shed's doing this especially when we get a buck. You can get extra pallets and pull the boards off, nail them over the spaces in the boards you plan to use to keep wind/rain from blowing in the sides.

Our temporary shelter for our does is next to our permanent shed. I wish it wasn't dark or I'd take a picture. I put 2 pallets on each side, lined them up end per end, and put 2 longer pallets across the top, so a total of 6 pallets <sorry I am not great at explaining this!>. Since it's temporary I didn't use nails to hold it together, but it's standing very firm on it's own. I put a tarp over the top, and put pieces of wood over it to keep it from blowing around/coming off.

I hope you find what your looking for, and remember pallets are FREE and can be of great use! We saved SO MUCH $$$ using them for our frame!

6. CrossCreekTX

CrossCreekTX New Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Central East Texas

I made a cattle panel shelter once. It lasted less than a week before they had it pounded down. I like pallet shelters better.

7. mrs. lam

mrs. lam New Member

Apr 20, 2010

Check out the tiki hut goat house on doubledurangofarm.com It's so cute. I love the surfboards too. Now to get some bamboo....

Gina

8. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca

i'll take some pictures of mine they're pretty sturdy and work well for our seasonal wet/dry