The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoegger is out of lye. Where else can you buy it? Is the lye at lowes the same kind for making soap?

Sent from my iPhone using GoatSpot

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
go to the plumbing section. if you don't see it on the shelf, you'll have to ask for it. ppl are using lye to make meth, so stores are either not carrying it anymore, or hiding it and only letting ppl buy 1 or 2 containers. make sure it says 100% sodium hydroxide.

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
oh, this is what I purchased at my local hardware store (without the Chinese writing on it)... it's an American brand, so you should be able to find that there (i'm in Barbados).

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
go to the plumbing section. if you don't see it on the shelf, you'll have to ask for it. ppl are using lye to make meth, so stores are either not carrying it anymore, or hiding it and only letting ppl buy 1 or 2 containers. make sure it says 100% sodium hydroxide.
Well that's probably why it's so hard to find it then. Meth is a big prob here in missouri. We can't even buy sudafed without a prescription. Thanks I will check the label

Sent from my iPhone using GoatSpot

·
Goat Girl
2,018 Posts
You might try Caprine Supply, not sure if they carry it or not but they might. Be careful asking for it... when I was looking I would either get a really nasty look (kind of the "what drugs are you on look") or they wouldn't even know what it was! I am near Tulsa, OK and it is like the drug capital of the country.

I got the same looks when I was trying to find a gram scale lol finally ended up ordering one on ebay.

·
Registered
30,668 Posts
I get mine at ACE hardware :D in the plumbing area..

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Menards has the granulated 100% lye. Very clearly marked on the front of the bottle, btw.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts