The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I need to get a pair of jeans, shorts, a dress or two and possibly some dressy sandals for a 4H trip. Where do you go? Especially curvy girls... I got curves everywhere! I usually buy wrangler jeans but was hoping for more fashion forward. I need a causual dress and a business proffesional-formal dress. Shorts can only be 3 inches above the knee for 4H dress code. I have a bunch of cute tops.

I usually don't dress girly so I like to do it at the leadership 4H trips :)

·
Goatless goat momma
7,838 Posts
i don't know much about the dress codes, but i like shopping at H&M or the Gap. prices are pretty good, and there's always sales. they're pretty trendy but won't break the bank, and has something for everyone.

·
Premium Member
28,343 Posts
I shop at Kohls

I never pay full price there. They always have sales and they always have some kind of % off (15-30%) coupons if you use a Kohls charge card and sometimes even if you dont use your charge card.

not sure how well Old Navy is with curvy girls clothing.

·
Super Moderator
14,563 Posts
Target and i love ross, you can get super cute and brand names for the same price as walmart or less.....thats all i got i hate shoppingfor clothes

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Old navy has some jeans/khakis that I really like... the tops are kind of funny sometimes though.... hard to find one that covers good. I'm not much for Kohls... ours is always unorganized but I've heard that's not the case with most.

Any one ever shop at Maurice or Charlotte Russe?

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
JC Penney for jeans because they carry Levis
Target for shirts because they're better quality than Old Navy
Old Navy for Bermuda shorts because they have all the lengths

That said, I hate to shop so I tend to find one thing I like and try it on for fit then order it online from then on out.

·
Boers & Nubians
1,911 Posts
Jessica- I was going to say.... Target & Ross! Great stuff at unbelievable prices!!!! The only places that I shop at without having to say, upon exiting the doors, "I could have bought a nice new goat with that money!"

And I love to shop, but I am so indecisive and dislike when people try to force something on me. No one likes to shop with Katelyn anymore... :p Haha

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jessica- I was going to say.... Target & Ross! Great stuff at unbelievable prices!!!! The only places that I shop at without having to say, upon exiting the doors, "I could have bought a nice new goat with that money!"

And I love to shop, but I am so indecisive and dislike when people try to force something on me. No one likes to shop with Katelyn anymore... :p Haha
LOL!!! That sounds like me! I can't make a decision on clothes ever... I'm always calling my sister to look because she is our fashion guru.

·
Super Moderator
31,741 Posts
My daughter is the same way...lots of curves...cant hardly get anything on her but a t shirt and jeans...if she needs to wear a dress or skirt she flips..lol...we get her jeans at Rue 21., she likes the fit but they arent made as well as I like....and we like JC pennies too...Love Target but the are far from us..Ross is great but you have to be willing to dig for the good stuff...

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My daughter is the same way...lots of curves...cant hardly get anything on her but a t shirt and jeans...if she needs to wear a dress or skirt she flips..lol...we get her jeans at Rue 21., she likes the fit but they arent made as well as I like....and we like JC pennies too...Love Target but the are far from us..Ross is great but you have to be willing to dig for the good stuff...
Its a real self esteem killer... I try stuff on and nothing fits right. I'm not a huge person just curvy. Its like if I can get it on the things are spilling over or just don't look like they should. I love wrangler Mae fit jeans... they're great for some extra coverage but still a trendy look. Dresses and pants are the hardest to find. I like Rue 21 too... they have some cute stuff but have to be careful with the fit of some stuff. I dread shopping and usually dressing up... I like it but it can be hard!

·
Super Moderator
31,741 Posts
they make styles today that are not flattering to 98% of the population lol..you either get the muffin top look or the plumber look lol...shirts are made to FIT and even a large is super tight!.. and when you are busty..that is not a comfortable look...My daughter likes to be modest and so t-shirts and jeans fit the bill for her...she's also a tom boy, and walks like one lol and has big feet for a girl lol...she would die if she read this lol..but sheis 5'4" with a size 9 1/2 shoe...!!! so she hates to wear sandles or even flip flops...its tennis shoes or boots for her...lol But that girl can flip a full grown Boar goat buck with out loosing breath LOL...

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's very true! I'm a tomboy but I enjoy being girly too. I want to be modest and comfortable above all but these trips are all workshops, banquets, dances and the like so itsanother nice to dress up. I hate wearing heels because they're too narrow... my feet are really wide so fancy shoes are not good for me

·
Boer Lover 4 Life!
2,979 Posts
I normally shop at Kohl's and JC Pennies. I like Gloria Vanderbuilt jeans and both carry those. They also have really cute shirts. I don't ever wear dresses. The only time you'll probably ever catch me in one is when I go to prom! Heck, I may not even wear one then! A lot of girls like to shop at Debs, Rue 21, Hot Topic, Hollister, Charlotte Russe, Journeys, Forever 21, or Aeropostale.

·
Registered
10,755 Posts
I hate to say it but I hate every store mentioned in this thread. I used to love JC Penny's but ours has went to @!#@$!. I am a big girl though, so stores that carry what I like probably wouldn't necessarily be what you liked. I like Cato's and DressBarn, and Stage, and when I lived in Florida I loved Fashion Bug. All those stores has plus sizes and regular sizes. I don't know what Ross's is, we don't have those here.

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I hate to say it but I hate every store mentioned in this thread. I used to love JC Penny's but ours has went to @!#@$!. I am a big girl though, so stores that carry what I like probably wouldn't necessarily be what you liked. I like Cato's and DressBarn, and Stage, and when I lived in Florida I loved Fashion Bug. All those stores has plus sizes and regular sizes. I don't know what Ross's is, we don't have those here.
I'm like size 10 or so... depending on brand. Sometimes 8, sometimes 12.... just depends!

I've bought clothes at dress barn and usually like them... might have to look there too. Looks like I'm going on a shopping day!

·
Super Moderator
31,741 Posts
yes..Stage has great sells if you catch them...lots of bye one get one for a penny ect.and cute clothes..they too carry Gloria Vanderbuilt...You are about the size of my daughter...she is almost 16...(24th of June)

·
Registered
201 Posts
I shop at Kohls

I never pay full price there. They always have sales and they always have some kind of % off (15-30%) coupons if you use a Kohls charge card and sometimes even if you dont use your charge card. .
I like shopping at Kohls too. Last year after xmas, I got a 20% off coupon from the paper, then got another 30% off from signing up for a credit card. Most of the clothes I bought were on the 50% off rack. My 1100.00 clothes bill ended up costing me 250.00. Then as soon as I charged it, I paid off the charge before leaving the store. Now every time I get those "use the credit card and save 30%", I use it and pay off the bill before I even leave!

·
Boers & Nubians
1,911 Posts
My daughter likes to be modest and so t-shirts and jeans fit the bill for her...she's also a tom boy, and walks like one lol and has big feet for a girl lol...she would die if she read this lol..but sheis 5'4" with a size 9 1/2 shoe...!!! so she hates to wear sandles or even flip flops...its tennis shoes or boots for her...lol But that girl can flip a full grown Boar goat buck with out loosing breath LOL...
That's so funny, I'm 5'4 and my feet size is 9 1/2! I think that there is nothing wrong with being a bigger, stronger person. People always frown at feed stores when I offer to carry my own feed bags to the car! Don't ever underestimate the one who owns goats! Haha.

My grandmother told me yesterday-
"I was watching this one show the other day, where this guy stuck a big, gloved hand inside a cow to turn her kid. See, he knows EVERYTHING about being a rancher."

I told her- "Actually, last month I stuck my whole arm inside of a goat, without a glove, in search of kids!!!"

She no longer doubts that I have every story to tell :p

1 - 20 of 43 Posts