The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a buck I'm trying to sell. I placed an ad here and on Craigslist last Friday and haven't received ANY replies other than an attempted scam. Is there anywhere else I can list him? :?He's a nice buck but need to get rid of him.

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
We sometimes try ZZ Star. Have gotten replies in the past, but not this year. It really depends on the demand.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We sometimes try ZZ Star. Have gotten replies in the past, but not this year. It really depends on the demand.
Is that for animals? I normally have no problems selling my goats on Craigslist. I will put the ad up and usually the next day I've got someone calling! The ad is never up more than a couple of days.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know if you are on Facebook but a lot of communities have a classifieds of sorts on there. Check it out :)
I didn't even think about Facebook!!! That's a good idea! My friends will think I'm an idiot but oh well! They know I'm crazy about my animals anyway LOL:love:

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just looked at ZZ Star and it's only for California and Colorado :( Thanks anyway.

·
Registered
30,585 Posts
there are a few facebook sites in my ara who specialize in farm andor goats sells...just put a search in and see if your area has the same...Ill look to see how far you are from me and see if its close enough..( you could still post but maybenot do as well in sales if you are a six hour drive..not everyone is as nutty as me lol)

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
Might check to see if The Fence Post has coverage in your area. I know there are a lot of sheep and goats advertised in it, and they have different regions that they cover. High Plains Journal is another magazine that has classifieds, but I'm not sure how much coverage there is in your area. If you need to get rid of him very soon, there is always the sale barn.

·
Registered
30,585 Posts
wow..you are only three hours south of me : ) practically neighbors : )
here are a few in our area...

Everything Farm...for central texas
Comanche county, Texas buy sell or trade
Goats are us, buy,sell, or trade

also unless the rules say no animals or farm stuff you can post on any facebook sight..

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wow..you are only three hours south of me : ) practically neighbors : )
here are a few in our area...

Everything Farm...for central texas
Comanche county, Texas buy sell or trade
Goats are us, buy,sell, or trade

also unless the rules say no animals or farm stuff you can post on any facebook sight..
Thank you!!! Yes 3 hours is not very far at all! Maybe we will have to meet somewhere in the middle someday!

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Might check to see if The Fence Post has coverage in your area. I know there are a lot of sheep and goats advertised in it, and they have different regions that they cover. High Plains Journal is another magazine that has classifieds, but I'm not sure how much coverage there is in your area. If you need to get rid of him very soon, there is always the sale barn.
Oh no way!! He's registered and has great bloodlines. I'll end up keeping him if I can't sell him soon. Maybe if he is a bad boy!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I'm having the same issue right now. For some reason, my last two bucklings (which are actually some of my nicest) aren't selling. I can generally sell them off of there in a few days, tops....I've been posting these guys for 3 weeks. Frustrating when you really need to move them. I even drastically reduced my price.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm having the same issue right now. For some reason, my last two bucklings (which are actually some of my nicest) aren't selling. I can generally sell them off of there in a few days, tops....I've been posting these guys for 3 weeks. Frustrating when you really need to move them. I even drastically reduced my price.
This is a purebred registered 3 yr old with kastdemurs and TLC farms breeding......he's a good one.....very frustrating I agree! Ugh!

·
Registered
30,585 Posts
its hard the last few years...lots of bucks being born...we have several nice Lamancha and two saanen boys left...and Thor of course lol..no nibbles and I usually sell all my kids by weening ...

Still: I would love to meet up some day : )

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
Post on FB under Dairy goats for sale
https://www.facebook.com/groups/139365826148416/

if you are my friend on FB I can add you to this group - Stacey Endoftheline Farm is my FB Im in my profile picture with my goat Cazper. Im about to watch a movie with my husband and if you friend request me I will get to it a little later.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
I just looked at ZZ Star and it's only for California and Colorado :( Thanks anyway.
:doh: :eek: Sometimes I wonder about my ignorance.... other times I just ignore it. Sorry!

It does seem like a bad sale year. I posted a really nice Nubian doeling on there when she was one week old, and had about 10 people interested in her by the time she was weaned. One by one they started to fall off the planet and we never heard from them again. Finally got her sold right at 10 weeks when we weaned! If you keep reposting him he's bound to catch someone's attention.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
:doh: :eek: Sometimes I wonder about my ignorance.... other times I just ignore it. Sorry!

It does seem like a bad sale year. I posted a really nice Nubian doeling on there when she was one week old, and had about 10 people interested in her by the time she was weaned. One by one they started to fall off the planet and we never heard from them again. Finally got her sold right at 10 weeks when we weaned! If you keep reposting him he's bound to catch someone's attention.
I'm trying to not give up....I mean it has only been 6 days! I've just been so spoiled I guess :)

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I found my goats off some pages on Facebook. I would see if they have a page for he breed you have and post them there! They had goats posted from all over the US on there and all the goats seem to sell really fast :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts