Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by liz, Oct 12, 2008.

1. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Just wondering what everyone has been up to lately, haven't seen a whole lot of "action" on the forum for a few days.

Between coming here and reading up on the posts, work and well....my goats, I've had my time very well spent!
    I was lucky enough to get the weekend off work...Saturday and Sunday...back tomorrow at 5am.
    Hubby and I finally had opportunity to "go out" on Friday night...first time in years! And Saturday was spent helping a friend get his "mud puppy" 4x4 ready for the mud bog today. Had to replace the whole motor as well as rebuild he front drive shaft and a new gasket for the carberator...well....I just watched all this lol....and today was just great, beautiful weather and lots of fun, though our friend got good time coming out of the pit with this rebuilt truck, the hub went on the right front...so he didn't get totally out of the hole...so now he has 2 weeks til another mud bog to have he and my hubby "fix" what went wrong!

Hopefully this easy weekend is what I needed to be refreshed for the stress of having my doe bred next week and the ensuing months of watching her baby belly grow!

How have you all been occupied lately?
  2. Julie

Julie New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Southern PA
    I've been here daily, but don't post alot. Mainly reading up on posts, and stuff :)

Other than that, I'm ALWAYS up to something .. lol ! Cleaning my house, Cleaning my barn, Today I did my goat maintenance (FAMACHA, deworming if needed, trimming hooves, dusting with D.E., etc.), tomorrow I gotta go to my mother in law's house and pull/cut her annual flowers. I always have something going on it seems. With 6 goats, 6 cats, 3 dogs, 28 chickens, 1 pony, 1 rabbit, a 4 1/2 year old daughter, my hubby, an always messy house, PT cleaning jobs for 2 aunts and 1 great aunt, church, canning, and that's not everything ... well, I keep pretty busy. hahaha ! But I always make plenty of time for getting online, checking emails, and catching up on TGS :) So I'm here ... just not always posting.

3. K-Ro

K-Ro New Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Well I seem to be running all the time, go go go.

My dad and stepmom moved in with us in May for health reasons and they were almost 400 miles from any of us kids, so this way I can help monitor her health and run her to the doctor, etc.

Last Sunday I found out I was pregnant, so that sent my hubby into shock :shocked: he seems to think that he is becoming elderly as he will be 50 in February, lol. Then Monday we found out my stepdaughter, DH oldest daughter who will be 26 this month has breast cancer, so one shock after another. Then chasing the 3, two legged kids around on top of that and volleyball games, karate classes, etc. Just go, go, go - no wonder I am tired all the time. But must keep my sense of humor at all costs :wahoo:

And the majority of the goats I was going to breed this season have been bred so that is good news.

That's great you and DH got to go out and have some time to yourselves, sometimes we forget about ourselves and each other.

I usually read TGS everyday just don't post much.
  4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    As you know .................I have been here....... :wink: ........It sounds so exciting about the mud bogs,,.....................but being stuck and broke down..............is not fun and can be costly............hope you get your.... cool......... 4x4 up and running again..............sounds like a blast........... :thumbup:
  5. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Wow, that sounds like a fun weekend!

I haven't been posting to much. I've been really busy. I've been trying to get my does bred here which takes a lot of watching and waiting to see who's in season. Then you gotta pull out the lucky stinker and hope the pair gets along :roll: . But so far it's been going pretty good. I think we've got around 15 bred at this point.

Then we're trying to winterize everything. We need to trench a water to the new goat pen....oh that should be TONS of fun! I've been trying to get all our hay and straw in order. Then moving the round horse pen into horse stalls and filling them w/ straw and moving all this fencing.

AND on top of all this...it's hunting season here for pheasants and we are surrounded by indian reservation that's a HUGE spot for hunting...so I gotta go around and make sure they're not on our property (liability issue) etc.

Anywho...yes, i've been a bit busy!
  6. heathersboers

heathersboers New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Wilson N.C.
    I've posted a little-been reading a lot though- been working all week, taking care of the animals,cleaning the house,cutting grass-etc.etc......Only time I see my DH is after 8pm so....
  7. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    My husband and I went on a mini-vacation this weekend--left friday morning. So that's why I haven't been on. One of his friends that lives a few hours north of us was having a birthday party so we decided to make a weekend out of it and take our teardrop camper with us. We stayed right on Lake Huron, near East Tawas (incase anyone else from MI knows what I am talking about). We had a lot of fun and the weather was gorgeous...
  8. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    I'm on here alot . . . but I won't be tomorrow . . . mom's mad cause I spend so much time on the internet . . . might see you guys for an hour in the late afternoon though . . . school, school,school . . .
  9. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    playing with goats! especially my baby girls!

oh and school.. dang school, getting in the way of me playing with my beloveds
  10. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Be sure to wear lotsa orange Kylee!
  11. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

had to do hay most of the weekend, the colt left (that took 3 hours start to finish), cleaned the barn out, put up 23 rounds of hay and the 7 we already had, cleaned pens, and did homework - oh we also took son to Young Marines for 3 hours, went out to dinner with friends on Friday (was a bit "under the weather" on Saturday) and brought my new buck home.

And we are leaving on Friday for Montana for 3 days - so trying to get everything ready for that also!

I will be going through the posts tommorrow at work. It is 11 pm, I have been up since 6 - going to bed - night all! :ZZZ:
  12. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Congratulations on the "Lil' Blessing" K-Ro!! And Allison, no need to be sorry....I know how Fall is just as busy as Spring and Summer....just wanted to share my weekend and was wondring how everyone was spending theirs....FRF, that sounded like fun, and Talitha, just remember tha mom knows best....your studies need to come first before fun.

Glad all of you posted, nice to see your still "kicking" :ROFL:
  13. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Me? I'm a certified lurker. :greengrin:

I'm actually a member of lots of forums, and this is the ONLY one I post regularly too. Don't you all feel loved? :love:

Little less lately because I have been up and down with personal health, nothing serious, just slowing me down a bit, plus we're working on our property and future home. Busy busy! I'm still here reading almost every night though.
  14. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Oh, I have been around but we take care of my Grandma ( my Mom's Mom ) for a month and she goes and stays with my Uncle for a month too, she has Alzheimer's/Dementia though and haven't had much time at the computer this weekend though and I have been sitting around reading a good book, etc.
  15. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    um lets see, i have been working every day for a month, trying to keep the mom happy when I am home so I dont get on her bad side. Spending time with all my new friends --- there always seems to be some activity going on.

Went to go see a new goat and bought her on Friday and then it was straight to work.

Yesterday was my day off so I enjoyed it to the fullest. Getting my new barn situated. It isnt done but functional at least.

On Friday I leave for Chicago for 4 days..........I will check in though :D
  16. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    I'm around, just haven't been posting too much lately. :)
  17. MissMM

MissMM New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    McGregor, MN
    I'm suffering from a serious case of "bored off my ***" but too lazy to do anthing..... haven't been able to think of anything interesting to post, so I've just been lurking.

It's been raining 6 out of the last 7 days around here so I can't get done what I need to do :sigh: . Still have 2 - 20 ft rows of carrots to get out of the garden & 4 - 20 ft rows of potatoes. The ground is so wet that it's more work than it should be, so I'm hoping for a dry day or two before snow covers everything.

New goaties are doing OK. Stinkbutt & Chance are fast friends & stuck to each other like glue. It's hilarious that the buck hides behind the whether when I enter the pen, even though the whether (Chance) is about 1/2 his size.

Now that our buck is here, I've been watching for signs of heat w/the girls & discovered my Great Pyr has her first cycle. No boyfriend for you this year Athena.....
  18. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    You all know I've been around. . . . . :D Working on pastures, cleaning, breeding does, spoiling goaties, making soap, all that good stuff. Making some more soap today, gotta clean my truck. Yeah, that's about it. :)
  19. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007

oh dont remind me :GAAH:
  20. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    So, I'm still here (taps fingers on desk), waiting for these silly goats to kid. :shrug:

We finally closed on our little Dental Office. We decided to stay with the previous Dr.'s schedule, so we are only working there two days/week for now. Hubby is keeping his job for the time being, so poor baby is working 5 days/week. Haven't done that for a few years! Last summer he took an extra day/week off so was only working 3 days (he was getting in my way after awhile, :slapfloor: ). He decided to do that again so he could get the 2 days at our office. Then if we have an emergency or something special (like a crown or root canal) we can go in on Sat morning for that kind of thing. We'll be working hard for awhile, but as soon as we feel we are organized enough to take new patients, we can increase at our office and decrease the other. (I should really learn to juggle).

So, this summer we had a new metal roof put on the old house, replaced the old windows with new ones (38 windows in this house :GAAH: ), bought the Dental office, sold a rental we own (we close on that wed)! And of course, just because it's fall, we have to have some serious work done on the old furnace. Probably have to get a new one. Sounds like I need a government bail out! :doh:

I keep waiting for things to slow down a little! I need a break! I'm really tired of contractors in my house too! Dirt and dust everywhere!