Whew! That was interesting...

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Dover Farms, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    ...never done that before. Today we drew blood on the goats to have them tested. My thumb hurt by the time we were done from pushing to make the vein pop out. It took us an hour to do 6 goats! :ROFL: But we got them done. Mom took the samples, all packaged nicely, up town to ship them over night. Geez that was bit on the expensive side!!!

Praying and hoping everyone comes back negative!!! :pray:

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Congrats on the blood draws - the more you do it, the better and faster you will become!

Where are you sending them to????

3. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    We're using Bio-tracking. I hear that a lot of people like them. And for those who have used Bio...I read that they call you and explain stuff to you. When do they call? Like tomorrow when the do the tests?

4. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Bio tracking does pregnancy and CAE. I personally use them ONLY for prego testing - and send all my serology testing to WADDL because of state regulated veterinary labs.

But yes, BioTracking is great. Chuck is awesome. If they receive the test tomorrow and are able to process tomorrow, I believe they do not release the test results till Wednesday, as they have to be verified. I know with mine, I mail on Monday, they run the test on Wednesday and I get results on Friday.

Good Luck with the results!!

5. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    I still haven't drawn blood on Snowflake to test her for pregnancy. :oops:

Shame shame shame on me.

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    great job on collecting the samples... :thumbup: ...I pray that you get good news....when the tests results come in.... :wink: :pray:

7. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    Thanks everyone....I do, too.

I believe Bio does the ELISA test today...and it said on their website that they send results out today. So, hopefully we'll know around the beginning of the week... :pray: