The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
10,755 Posts
I dunno, the ears looked longer than normal and the shape of the head and blue eyes made me think possibly Nigerian. Are alpines ears that long at birth and just straighten out with time? that is what I was thinking a cross Mini Nubian first generation would be half Nigerian and half Nubian right?

· Registered
6,548 Posts
Yeah, the shape of the head has me confused too. It DOES look like a nigierian head, but again the ears are long. Only reason I'm not too sure about the Alpine either are the ears. Actually, first thot went thru my head was LaMancha....but WAY too much ear for one of those!!! It has to be a mix from the way the ears are...

· Premium Member
15,206 Posts
The eyes aren't blue...they will change to brown.

This kid is so young, there's no telling what it is. It's not an obvious breed whatever it is. It does have a nigerian dishy looking face and seems to be smaller sized. Could have some nigerian in it. The ears will likely straighten out quite a bit. I'd give it some time and let it grow and give us some updated photos when it's bigger. Do you have photos or a description of the sire or dam?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.