The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
I think I would do with the 4 year old... Her fore udder could be a little smoother, and she's a bit week in the chine/withers (I think?) but breed her to the right buck and you'll get some nice kids!

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
go not do*

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
The four year old looks like a better goat, to my inexperienced eye. But to me that seems fairly expensive, unless she's papered? Not saying she's not a good investment, but I'd expect her to be registered, etc. If price were an issue, however, I'm sure the two year old would be a good household milker if that is your main purpose.

LaurenLewis, I always enjoy your Goat A or Goat B quizzes. They make me look and think!

·
2,962 Posts
Oh, goodie, Alpines. I love them. In the picture the 4 year old looks nicer but this is I think, but may not be, because she is set up nicer in the picture. The 2 year old looks nice but her legs are not set up as nice. The older doe has more capacity in body and udder but once again she is older and that is to be expected. The two year old is a FF so she has some catching up to do. I think that overall she is an equally nice doe as the 4 year old.

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
For either show or milk, get the 4 yr old. She is well put together, much better than the 2 yr. Not much I would change about her, as is, I would personally buy her and have her as part of my herd. :)
My 2 cents, do with it what you will.

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
You would be able to sell kids for a larger profit.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts