The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know we cant be 100% sure when they are due since I didn't see which time they were bred but going by the pictures and information below, do you think either of these does will kid on the April due date or the May due date?

This is Delilah. She is a 2-year-old first freshener. Do you think she is due April 22nd-28th or May 17th? What I noticed with her the last few days is the pinkness of her vulva, and the length of it. She does occasionally paw and she has ligaments.

This is Hannah. She's 3-year-old, this is her 3rd time freshening. Do you think she is due April 22nd-28th or May 19th? What I have noticed with her in the past few days is some dried discharge on her vulva, white. She does occasionally paw and she has ligaments.

Thanks for looking. :)

·
Premium Member
23,224 Posts
Mind you that I have minis so the looks of the "big girls" can decieve me at times, my "experienced" girls have more udder than your girls do when they are 2 weeks away from delivery, sooooo...I'd say that you can expect some little "long-ears" mid May! The discharge that you noticed was possibly the beginnings of losing her "plug"...which 2 of my girls do this a month before they kid, the other 2 waited until 2 weeks before delivery.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for replying.

If Hannah kids in May, she wont have long eared kids.....her kids will be half pygmy. :sigh: But Delilah is bred by the nubian.

I'm watching Hannah. If I remember correctly last year, she started filling her udder 2 days prior to kidding. And the night before kidding it was HUGE.

My niece is convinced there's a change in her udder but I just dont see it. (Not that photo) She was looking at her while she was on the stand eating her grain.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lol. I dont really care for the kinder look. I have two people wanting her kids if she does kid in May with Cocoa's babies. So all her does are spoken for and a buck. I had planned on keeping one to put in the freezer but hey if they want to buy the kids and get them out of here by a week old for little money thats fine. Less work and money involved for me. :thumb:

Now for Delilah..........She HAS to be bred to Storm since she wasnt exposed to any other bucks. I'm praying for a doe kid. I told her the other day she didn't have to have multiple kids...I'd be quite happy with only one, as long as it was a doe kid. :shrug:

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
5 days to go....and no signs what so ever of them kidding or even close to kidding...

I didn't think Delilah was due now but Hannah I did.

May dues dates. which means Hannah will have those dang kinder kids. :sigh: Oh well atleast I have people wanting them!

Just thought I'd update. :wink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts