Which one would you keep?

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by KW Farms, Oct 9, 2009.

1. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Ok so I have two does, both almost identical conformation and personality, just different bloodlines and color. They both are ADGA registered. I really am wanting to keep just one and sell the other, but i'm not sure yet. So going by pedigrees...which would you keep? A lot of the goats in their pedigree can be found here: www.blythmoor.com

Blythmoor Champagne
    Sire: Promisedland Com War Hawk
    Sire Sire: Promisedland CP Commanche
    Sire's Dam: Gay-Mor's RA Nightowl

Dam: Blythmoor PK Lilly
    Dams Sire: Phantasma JB King of Hearts
    Dam's Dam: Starbucks Poetry

And...

Blythmoor SD Mimosa
    Sire: CH Mystic Acres Snapdragon
    Sire's Sire: Inavale Mel Gibson
    Sire's Dam: OTR Magic's Hijinx

Dam: Phantasma JB Hearts Desire
    Dam's Sire: Inavale BH Family Jules
    Dam's Dam: Mountain Quest EM Easter Bunny

2. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Hmm. That is a tough decision because they both have things that I like and don't like in their pedigrees. I like that Champagne's dam was milking over 4 lbs. a day, although her pictures are not showing up on Margie's website, so don't know how the udder looked. Snap's daughters are milking very well this year and several will be getting their stars, one of them won Best Udder at the State Fair. I had a Snap daughter and she was long, level, and pretty but wasn't our best-conformed doe and I didn't care for her udder that much.

Any way you can keep them both until after freshening and decide after you see udders? I haven't seen a lot of War Hawk's daughters udders, so do not know how they have turned out. . .

3. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Thanks Olivia...really appreciate the advice...I think I may just keep both and wait til they freshen this spring. They don't have the hottest conformation, but are good does with fairly strong pedigrees so I feel if I bred them to a really well conformed buck the kids might "upgrade".

4. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    I tend to agree, keep them both if you can and freshen them before deciding. However if you really do have to cut one and they're very similar in pedigree and confirmation, then just choose the one you like best by all things considered.