Which one?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by keren, Mar 29, 2009.

1. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    This is a little buckling I am selling, I took a bunch of photos today none of which are brilliant but my boys are in rut and when I went into the bachelor pad to get the photos they went nutty, chasing each other round etc. They are kinda pissed off that Padre and Traveller got taken out to go and breed the does but they dont get to have any fun.

Just wanted to know which of these photos you think shows the buck the best? As in his muscling etc.

He's not an outstanding buck, just a commercial quality guy.

Front

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Angled

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Side

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[attachment=1:hn7kmc59]side 2.JPG[/attachment:hn7kmc59]

[attachment=0:hn7kmc59]side 4.JPG[/attachment:hn7kmc59]

2. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

The first set: I like the second one best

The second set: I like the 4th one best

The side set: I like the 3rd

:)

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Front 1 and 3 :scratch: :greengrin:

Angled #5

Side # 2

he's a nice looking buck.... :thumbup:

how much ya asking?

4. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    He will go for $150, with the rego papers filled out, so the new owner can reg him if they wish, at their expense. He's probably worth more than that but I'd like to see him to as soon as possible, to a good home. And he will be staying locally, going to a young woman who has started off with crossbred does, using a reg'd buck over them, and hopes to get into the reg'd side too.

He's a reasonable commercial buck but not exactly a show stopper.

This is mum (Charlotte, who had the caesar) at 4 mths roughly:

[​IMG]

Dont have a pic of dad.

And this is him at a few weeks - he's always been thickset!

[​IMG]

This was him at weaning - he was a cocci kid - really bad. Bit of a difference now :D

[​IMG]

5. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    wow she is real pretty.........I like her alot.... :love:

$150 is a steal for him...I think he is nicer than what you are saying ..but hey... you see him in person ...as I cannot.......I understand where you are coming from ...wanting to sell him quickly and with that price I see you did....congrats....

that sure doesn't look like the same kid.. wow remarkable...what did you do to snap him back...so well... :wink: :greengrin:

6. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    I guess in some ways he has turned out better than I expected ... and some ways I had expected better from 'the harlott'

I REALLY like charlotte - here's hoping she gives me girls this year - and I really thought that she might produce something a little better.

If I start being critical with him, I'd like to see a stronger head on him, he's got a flat forehead as opposed to the roman nose. And I would have liked to see him this growthy from a younger age. He's thick now but it has taken him a while. That could just be from the cocci though.

Ugh, the cocci was a nightmare. I treated him with *of course I cant think of the name right now :roll: brain fart* anyway the stuff I normally use for cocci. And probiotics and all that jazz. And he just didnt respond. It got so bad he prolapsed his rectum. We had a fairly wet spell right when we dont usually and just about every animal on the place got cocci. He was the worst and none of the treatment worked. I had gotten to the stage of calling the vet to try to think of something else, when the weather cleared up and the cocci ran its course.

Fair bit of 20% protein grain also helped him out lol

7. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    try another buck with that pretty doe....some does and bucks don't mix right ...sometimes you have to play with your choices to get good stock out of 1 doe...I found that out ..with one of our does ...along time ago.....she was real nice but it took a few bucks and time to match her right...I finally received my beautiful doeling.... :love:

how was the head on the buck that was bred with her to get him? I see the head shape and yea ...that isn't a pretty one...is it... :(

Girls are coming the next time around so pick out a nice buck for her :wink:

cocci can do alot of growth damage that is for sure....but I am shocked on how well he turned out.....he isn't that bad ....after his long bout with problems ....and considering what his body has been through prolapse and all.....he looks really good to me..you did a good job keren.. :greengrin:
    :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: sorry..but that is so funny.... :ROFL:

8. badnewsboers

badnewsboers New Member

May 9, 2008
    Newport, NC
    Front:1
    Angled: 4
    Side:1

Don't you hate it when you get those flat heads? For me it tends to happen when I breed a buck and a doe with nice heads. :p

I agree he's a nice boy considering his bout with cocci. He should make a nice commercial buck. Other than the head the only thing that really stood out to me is he could use a little more muscle on the rear leg and carry it down farther. But then again thats my new goal in my goats-for them to have a better rear leg, so I'm pickier on that.

9. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia

10. badnewsboers

badnewsboers New Member

May 9, 2008
    Newport, NC
    Thats a shame. Though fat goats win here too. Thats why I'm so excited about the upcoming show. The judge is very South African style so does not like fat animals.

I know a lot of people have mixed feelings over the tubular style and where US Boers are heading but they do pack a lot of muscle on those animals. Thats the point-more meat, less KPH fat.

The buck that some local people have used to add a great rear leg is CEO1 Owens T75. http://www.rockingrboers.com/page-owenst75.html His dam Zappy is a legend in her own right-had a incredibly long twist and his sire is a famous Ryals buck. The young does they have do have great legs. They really carry it all the way to the hock. My new buck happens to be a T75 grandson and is just packed with Ryals stuff so I think I should make headway on rearlegs.

11. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    thanks keren.. :hug: :greengrin:

12. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    yep. yep. yep.

so keren- i tohught you could import U.S semen?

13. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    keren had PMed me about it ...and some law stopped it....so....................she can't .......maybe she can explain it better... she did want some from Rossie and still does really ...really bad.....that she can taste it........ without eating him of course...LOL .... :wink:

14. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    oh, that stinks.

doesnt make sense, how would they improve without bringing in new bloodlines?

although i do understand health issues.

and keren- i know how you feel, I want some rossi or hurricane kids in 2010. :wink:

15. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    you will my dear.....you will.... :wink: :greengrin: :greengrin:

16. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    sounds like something you'd hear on a horror movie!

LOL.

17. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    wizard of oz ring a bell....actually it is suppose to be you will ...my pretty ...you will....or something like that... :wink: :greengrin:

18. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    :doh: oh yeah i remember now!

19. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    It's OK...Katrina... I do :doh: all the time :doh: :doh: :doh: see ...I can't stop...LOL :doh: :doh: :help: :greengrin:

20. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    bnb - our judges are mainly Sth Af, and they still pick fat goats, though I think the Aussie judges are worse. I honestly dont like the modern type of US boer goat - Pam's bucks appeal to me more - they have the muscling but I also like to see those skin folds and wrinkles, and that good fat cover all those indicate to me easy doers - something we really need here in Oz because the conditions are so tough - much like SA. The newer type may carry the muscle but that tight skin without too many wrinkles, and the lean bodies, and they also lack the depth of body, all that indicates they are hard doers, not as easy keeping. I dont think they'd survive out here when run extensively.

:oops: okay when you said I could taste it ... I though you were talking about the semen :oops:

The thing about importing repro material from US is, because of the scrapie/BSE deal, any donors of repro material that enters Australia, have to be euthanased and their brain and spinal cord examined for scrapie. So of course, that threw a spanner in my plan to import Rossi semen as well as Nigi embryos. Cos no one is going to let me harvest semen/embryos if their top animals need to be killed :(

All our imports come from Sth Africa, in the form of semen and embryos. They dont need to euthanase the animals if they come from SA.

I actually dont think the BGBAA would even recognise animals born by US semen ... I'd have to start my own registry. But it would be worth it. My animals would leave everyone for dead :greengrin: lol I can dream cant I?

No fair! Dont rub it in!