The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided not to go with the Pygmy doe that was for sale. I seen this ad on Craigslist for Mini Manchas and Mini Nubians and we're going to check them out either this Friday or Saturday, thet have been tested negative for CL and CAE. Have any of yall had experience with either one? I'm not sure which one we should go with.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is going to be a very hard decision for me lol, I've heard La Manchas are sweet but cwn be major herd queens and that Nubians are sweet but their really loud! Lol

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
I would have to go mini Nubians but then you probably could have guessed that from my user name. LOL

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I do love the floppy ears of the Nubian, not sure I could get used to the La Mancha ears. But I heard La Manchas produce better than Nubians?

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
maybe go visit both and see which you like in person? there are pros and cons of each.

good luck with your decision, and can't wait to hear which one you end up picking!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well the man who had the Mini Nubians and the Mini Manchas sold them a few days ago and that is fine because today we were blessed with two Mini Toggs!!! I seen an ad for these two beautiful doelings who are twins and the herd was tested neg. for CAE and CL back in February. And we got both of them :)! They are super sweet, I will post pictures of them on here tomorrow. Their Dam had a lovely udder and is an ADGA Togg and the sire is a beautiful jet black Nigerian, they both look just like their Momma, beautiful little Toggs :)

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Well that is interesting never even heard of mini toggs. I think toggs are pretty. Congrats on your doelings.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you! It was actually an accidental breeding, her Nigerian buck got in with her Toggenburg and bred her. There are people though that do breed for Mini Toggs as well as the other Minis. The Mini Toggs and Mini Obers aren't as popular as the Mini Nubians and Mini Pines. There are also some Mini Saanan breeders out there too.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I agree with the go visit each. I do know the Nubians are the most vocal - but they are really nice goats. What about the milk? Any taste difference between the two? I had French Alpines once and the taste of the milk was very strong - no one liked it. I would taste the milk of the breed if possible at the breeders.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
That's what I am hoping to see with these Mini Togg girls I have, they are so sweet I am in love! Their even a tiny bit taller than Maya our Nigerian but Maya is stockier, and Maya is over a year and a half old, these girls are 5 months old.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 42 Posts