The Goat Spot Forum banner
1041 - 1060 of 1089 Posts

·
Premium Member
Raising Quality Show & Commercial Goats
8,010 Posts
Im in that steambath right along with you guys. I go out before 7.and come it at 9. I then cool off an hour and go back out till 1. Give Punkie her bottle. Then house cleaning🤢🤮🤬 until after 5. Unless Im out with cool fresh water for all my Hotn zexy goats!🤣😂🤣😄🤣😂

·
Super Moderator
35,044 Posts
Moers...sounds like here..out by 630-7ish. Back in for house cleaning..bread baking and what ever else I have going on. Frequent outside checks to refresh water and make sure everyone's doing good..then back in..cook dinner..feed family until 7 pm where we head back out for night milking feeding and such..then done for rhe night other than taking pups out a few more times. But I love this life!! Just not rhe extreme weather either way lol

·
Premium Member
7,838 Posts
Moers...sounds like here..out by 630-7ish. Back in for house cleaning..bread baking and what ever else I have going on. Frequent outside checks to refresh water and make sure everyone's doing good..then back in..cook dinner..feed family until 7 pm where we head back out for night milking feeding and such..then done for rhe night other than taking pups out a few more times. But I love this life!! Just not rhe extreme weather either way lol
I’m right there with both y’all! I dragged out my solar oven so I don’t heat the house when I’m cooking though. I’m dreading the power bill that I knows going to be outrageous.

·
Super Moderator
35,044 Posts
I was just looking at a SunOven. A bit pricy but wpuld be nice not to have to heat the house and make my AC work. Harder

·
Premium Member
7,838 Posts
I was just looking at a SunOven. A bit pricy but wpuld be nice not to have to heat the house and make my AC work. Harder
That’s the one I have. I’ve used it for the last 6 years and it’s worth every penny. When I bought mine I got the deluxe package with all the pans and racks. Here in Texas, I use it year round. I Can’t say enough good things about solar ovens, they make amazingly tender meats and it’s so easy. 😁

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
I lasted until noon outside and came in for a strawberry fruit popsicle. Lol feel like a kid. Will probably run out to town for some alfalfa and then take a shower and call it for outside time today. That is until feeding time. I really don't wanna run to town but it's going to rain rest of the week it looks like and clear today.

·
Super Moderator
35,044 Posts
That’s the one I have. I’ve used it for the last 6 years and it’s worth every penny. When I bought mine I got the deluxe package with all the pans and racks. Here in Texas, I use it year round. I Can’t say enough good things about solar ovens, they make amazingly tender meats and it’s so easy.
That's good to know!!! I like to hear reports other than what we read on line. Well I know we are on line but we are more like distant family 😆

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Another day of 105 to 115 on the heat index. This is getting crazy. It seems they called the thunderstorm chance off for today though so there goes my day of relaxing inside the house and crocheting.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
It's so strange reading about y'all's weather and that it is hotter for y'all than it is here.
It's only 93 deg/heat indexed to 105-ish. I'm trying to get the barn mess cleaned up but intermittent thunder and lightning
has me scared to get on the tractor. Hate to say it but I need some rain.
Just that sentence probably means a 4 day deluge with a hurricane or something.

·
Registered
868 Posts
It's so strange reading about y'all's weather and that it is hotter for y'all than it is here.
It's only 93 deg/heat indexed to 105-ish. I'm trying to get the barn mess cleaned up but intermittent thunder and lightning
has me scared to get on the tractor. Hate to say it but I need some rain.
Just that sentence probably means a 4 day deluge with a hurricane or something.
You’re not alone- we are always happy to get rain. It seems like this year- it’s always on the weekends tho 🤣
Last Sunday we had a very good rain and now our reservoirs are full, which is great news!
I’m finally taking the kids on a camping trip (really a wood cutting trip w/camping and fishing thrown in the mix 😅) and Sunday is showing another chance of a storm coming in… I’m just hoping it’s later in the day so we can get everything packed up before it starts!

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
:D There is a thunderstorm raging as I type this post. Winds are pretty gusty at times and there will be limbs and stuff to pick up later. The thunder is upsetting the house cat and she went to sit in the bathtub to hide behind the shower curtain, the goats stopped chasing leaves and are bunked down because those melting drops are falling from the sky and the dogs could care less and happily ran around getting wet during their after meal potty trip. It's raining finally and it's a wonderful and welcome sight. I can feel the temperatures dropping and that is a relief, been kind of tough this whole week due to the excessive heat.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,056 ·
Though I now delight in our cool weather, it seems I may never get my hay off. Another 10 days of wet in the forecast. My hay should have been cut 3 or 4 weeks ago. When it finally gets cut, probably in October the way things are going, I will have more bales than I can handle and the goats won't eat any of it.

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Though I now delight in our cool weather, it seems I may never get my hay off. Another 10 days of wet in the forecast. My hay should have been cut 3 or 4 weeks ago. When it finally gets cut, probably in October the way things are going, I will have more bales than I can handle and the goats won't eat any of it.
One thing I don't miss about hay baling is the weather not working with you. Hope you don't have to eat to many shredder wheats in the fall.

1041 - 1060 of 1089 Posts