The Goat Spot Forum banner
1061 - 1080 of 1089 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
89 deg. right now, 10:30 am, with 76% humidity, going up to 96 deg. Heat index right now is 108 deg.
That's actually normal Louisiana summer weather.
What's unusual is the lack of rain.
Take a hot shower, don't dry off, put all your clothes on ... that's what it feels like.
I know it's still Spring because it still feels a little cooler at night. In full summer, you really can't feel a difference between day & night.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
That's actually normal Louisiana summer weather.
What's unusual is the lack of rain.
Take a hot shower, don't dry off, put all your clothes on ... that's what it feels like.
What a perfect description of hot, humid weather. I’m in TN and so we’re not quite as bad, but close. And the lack of rain has me worried. I’ve lived in this state for 17 years and never gone more than 5 days or so without rain. I think it’s been two weeks with unseasonably hot temps and no rain and none forecasted in the immediate future. There’s been rain all around my town, but not here. It’s bizarre.

·
Registered
869 Posts
@Moers kiko boars didnt you get your years supply of rain/flood earlier? 😅

@Boers4ever here in ID, we finally got a good year for ranching. The late rains helped a ton! There’s a lot of feed this year, cows are starting off nice and fat too.

Unfortunately, all this feed also equates to fuel for fires… some idiot was shooting steel plates 8 miles away and started a fire. My dad was up on the mountain fencing… thankfully some others were around and got it put out without it blowing too close. Wind was coming our direction too!
Dad got his firebreaks cut this weekend- talk about the nick of time! 🍀🍀🍀

·
Registered
6,666 Posts
Though I now delight in our cool weather, it seems I may never get my hay off. Another 10 days of wet in the forecast. My hay should have been cut 3 or 4 weeks ago. When it finally gets cut, probably in October the way things are going, I will have more bales than I can handle and the goats won't eat any of it.
Sell excess hay. Its a once off and you know its good.

1061 - 1080 of 1089 Posts