The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night's Walmart run...I glance down at my shopping cart, and chuckle as I realize that the assortment of seemingly unrelated things in the basket all have something in common. Beer for my goats. Garlic for my goats. Whole milk for my bottle kids. Rubber gloves to protect my hands while I'm bleaching milk equipment for my goats. Soil to start some plants, many of which will end up being consumed by my goats.

About the only thing I got for myself was a rosemary plant (not pictured). But let's be honest, the goats are probably going to end up nibbling that, too...

Registered
Here On Oaks-n-Goats Farm We Are Raising Pets, And Mini/Full Sized Backyard Milkers.
Last night's Walmart run...I glance down at my shopping cart, and chuckle as I realize that the assortment of seemingly unrelated things in the basket all have something in common. Beer for my goats. Garlic for my goats. Whole milk for my bottle kids. Rubber gloves to protect my hands while I'm bleaching milk equipment for my goats. Soil to start some plants, many of which will end up being consumed by my goats.
View attachment 206074
About the only thing I got for myself was a rosemary plant (not pictured). But let's be honest, the goats are probably going to end up nibbling that, too...

That's me every time we go to Tracker supply LOL

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Because of the goats, I find myself buying things I never would have before.
Beer? Ketone test strips?
I even did a lot of my seed shopping with them in mind. Beets? The goats will LOVE those! Oh, look at all the herbs I could grow for them. I am brainstorming ways I can grow them their own little herb garden so they can 'self medicate' at will.
Purchasing decisions are based on how many bags of feed I could buy for the price of the item in question.
I'm in deep, folks!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It seems that we are always getting something for the goats, either Wal-mart, Fleet Farm, Home Depot even at the home medical supply store.
Surprisingly, I found that Dollar General is actually a really good place to pick up med stuff in a pinch! I had a buckling with an injured leg over the weekend last year, and I was able to get everything I needed to treat it at Dollar General!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
We started growing beets last year for goats and it turns out that we love eating them too. Roasted beets in the oven mmm...馃い
I like roasted beets, too! Eventually I would like to grow a lot more of the food for my goats. But I am starting really small with that, so I can hopefully figure out what works.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts