Whisper & Jasmine - W day 150 (possibly), pics added !!

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by lesserweevil, Feb 25, 2012.

1. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    So here we go!

Excited to be starting a thread ... :greengrin: although technically I dont have much to do with Whiss and Jazz any more, I have been invited into the "inner circle" as in "LW - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me you're going to be around for kidding?" lol. so nice to be finally wanted... *wry smile*

ANYWAY! Tonight, while my friend was at church - and still is - I went up to the barn to check on the goats. I told him, who will from this point forward be known as D, a couple of weeks ago, that I was fairly certain that Whisper was pregnant, but not 100% sure about Jazz.

Last week D was moaning about how Jazz probably wasn't even pregnant.

Party time :party: I jiggled her belly tonight and there is DEFINITELY a hard pokey something there and if it's not a kid... well there's something seriously wrong! haha She is building herself a cute little udder, and i must now apologise to all of you that i have NO photos.!!!

However - Whisper is MASSIVE, trundling herself around slower than normal, I must remember she is 8 now. Poor girl, she looks very thin on her hips and her shoulders, as always, I'm sure some of you who remember me from years gone by will remember how much weight Whiss and her (deceased) mother Willow always lose over kidding. Massive kids though.

Jazz? Hardly even looks pregnant. If it wasn't for a budding little udder and that pokey thing I felt.

Anyway I clipped their hooves tonight... gave them a calcium drench, vitB12 and copper... and they are all ready to go, IMHO. Unfortunately D did NOT write down a due date, so I'm thinking first two weeks of March.

I must remember that Whisper did famously kid on day 162 a couple of years ago :)

So! 2 goats - how long to go?? thinking :kidred: :kidred: :kidred: :kidred: here, although I'm pretty sure Jazz will only have one in there.
    LW

2. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Re: the official 2012 kidding thread of Whisper & Jasmine

:stars: :dance: Keep us posted!!! We need some pics! :D

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

Happy Kidding.. :cool: :clap:

4. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007

today I get to go back to the farm and see W & J who (so far) are holding on... I promise I will take pictures and try to get them posted in the next day or two !!

LW

5. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

:thumbup: :hi5:

6. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007

ok here we go !

Whisper, possibly day 150 today, yes I do realise that she is really thin. There's nothing I can do about this - she loses condition during pregnancy no matter how much food she gets :( She always has really big kids, and puts all her effort into babies + milk.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

She has such a character this girl, and stood perfectly still for me to clip/shave today. She has definitely dropped, although her ligaments are still there - although soft - and her udder needs to fill. I know her udder is droopy and doesn't have the greatest shape any more... but she is 8 !!!

I dont have any pictures of Jasmine, she would not stand still for an instant, and I didnt see the point of posting one that didn't actually show anything !!

LW

7. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Glad to see you again LW :hug:

I always have enjoyed seeing your girls... Whisper is such a pretty lady and her kids are always a joy to see.
    She is a producer though isn't she? Such capacity with her!
    Happy kiddings to you and "D" :hug:

8. milk and honey

milk and honey Senior Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Everett, WA
    Very nice! Should kid soon...she looks dropped..

9. RMADairyGoats

RMADairyGoats New Member

Jun 19, 2011
    Colorado
    Good luck with both of them! She's a cutie :)

10. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    thanks guys!

She's been dropped for a week or so now - her udder is beginning to fill - and you can see her belly 'twitching' which is sort of funny.

Ligs are VERY soft but somehow I doubt she is going to kid before 1100 tomorrow which is when i have to leave!! Ill be gone for about 30 hours and i really really dont want to miss her birth :(

will see if I can get more pics today

LW

11. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    here are more pics

2 pics of Whisper yesterday...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and one picture of her today:
    [​IMG]

her ligaments are ENTIRELY gone, she is beginning to hunch up to position the kids for birth...

AND I AM GONE FOR WORK FOR 24 HOURS

nooooo

:GAAH:

I knew she would do this >.< I'm 100% expecting her to kid while I am gone, and when I said to D he needed to check her frequently, including last thing at night , he shrugged and said "she'll be lucky'

HE'D BETTER.

Or else.

>.<

LW

12. bessmiller

bessmiller New Member

Jan 23, 2012
    Talking Rock, GA
    Oh goodness! I hope everything goes well! I'm so sorry you have to be at work! :( I'm sure D will handle everything just fine. :)

13. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  14. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Whisper had triplets last night - 2 doelings, 1 buckling, theyre all doing well and when Im home Ill upload some pics!
    i had to call in sick half way through work as D was in panic mode - his mother and mine had been telling him horror stories whcih, although unfounded, thankfully put the fear of God into him and he suddenly started caring! LOL

Jasmine's ligaments are barely there and she is talking to Whisper's trio in the next pen, so i dont think it will be long - tomorrow or Sunday is my guess!!

LW

15. DavyHollow

DavyHollow New Member

Jul 14, 2011
    Massachusetts, USA
    CONGRATS ON THE BABIES!!! And yay! More girls than boys haha

Yup, definitely sounds like Jasmine's got baby fever! :D :D :D

16. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Jasmine had twin bucklings tonight - :( oh well! she is taking to them well

LW

17. milk and honey

milk and honey Senior Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Everett, WA
    With all these does being born.. some of us have to have the bucks.. I'm right there with you! At least they're just as CUTE!