The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday my loving Boer mix, White Boy, or B, passed away. We found him as a week old baby and bottle raised him. He was a sport. He loved everyone he met, and everyone that met him loved him. We (me and him) worked hard to be a therapy team, and even though we were never Certified, we still brought him to places no other goat owner ever tried. He loved it. He loved to meet new people, he loved to go places, he loved to be with people.

He was also my best friend. When I went outside, he would run to me, happy to see me, anticipating what we were gonna do next. He loved to do whatever he could to make me happy. If I asked him to jump a 3 1/2 foot jump, he did it without hesitation, and ran back to me. If I asked him to walk through water, on or off lead, he'd do it, without hesitation. If I asked him to stand up and walk (on back two feet) he did it. If I said leave me alone, he wouldn't, because he knew if he stayed I would be happier. If I got in a bad or sad mood, I'd go outside and sit in my special spot, and he would lie down right next to me, and let me talk it out, or in the worst case, cry it out with him, and wouldn't leave once, he even let me take a nap using his butt as a pillow when we went into town to visit. We fell asleep together.

I know, I am saying a lot, but he was a lot.. I just really wanted to say it all, I guess so he knows how much I remember. He passed away in my arms yesterday night, ironically while it was raining. I wish he could have lived on longer, he could have been even more. I have planned since January to paint him for the Fourth of July and take him to see the fireworks since no sound deterred him (a lightning bolt hit our yard about 10 feet from him, and he literally didn't flinch, he kept grazing for 5 more minutes) and I hope he had fun wherever he is with whatever he celebrated.

Hope you are having fun B! Tell everyone hi for me! Love You, Miss You, Thank You baby! <3

Attachments

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
omg so trying not to cry at work right now. i'm so terribly sorry for your loss. :hug:

·
I'm not addicted - I'm in love!
5,018 Posts
What a special goat! I am so sorry for your loss. :( How old was he?

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
11,082 Posts
I'm so sorry! Goats are really such special and precious friends. It takes a chunk out of you when you lose one, I know ... :hug:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts