The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would cause white mucus like discharge from a six month old doe kid? Its been going on for close to a week and seems to come and go. She hasnt been around bucks since she was 4 months old so I highly doubt she was ever bred... much too young. Plus, she was just acting like she was in heat a couple weeks ago. Acts normal otherwise

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Could she be about to come back into heat? You say a couple weeks, but is she closer to three weeks from the last go around?

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well being that she is barely six months old I had thought maybe she was just regulating her cycle. But I'm not too sure.

If so she is very obvious about when she's in heat. She flags a lot now too so that may be it

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
I was just about to ask the same thing! :eek: I have two 7 month old doelings with the exact same thing going on. I hope that's all it is.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's good to hear. She does come from very early maturing lines and the vreeser told us they were very maternal. My ither doe never did this but she's wether lines so the later maturing side of boers. I've just never had heat discharge be this thick and noticeable before. I'm used to wethers lol

Thanks for all your help!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts