The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way to tell which of my bucks bred a doe??

The boys have been in a separate pen divided by page wire fencing since last spring, but here I am with babies in January!! Someone was getting busy through the fence but how can I know who??

We have added wood panels to the fence to prevent future accidents. This is our 6th year with goats and it seems there is something new every year lol.

I will add pictures of the culprits if that helps. Below is babies, Mom and the 2 bucks.

Thanks so much!
Brown Cat Felidae Wood Dog breed
Sky Working animal Grazing Terrestrial animal Sheep
Snow Sky Working animal Fawn Dairy cow
Goat Goat-antelope Fawn Horn Terrestrial animal

·
Registered
617 Posts
I think you’d have to do a dna test. Very cute surprises though!

·
Premium Member
Raising Quality Show & Commercial Goats
5,845 Posts
Awww they are Adorable. Yeppers. DNA is the only sure way...lol

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
4,440 Posts
You have some cuties there!

What is that big fluffy animal in the background of the first buck picture?

·
Registered
179 Posts
http://adga.org/performance-programs/dna-testing/ 30 bucks a pop isn't too bad to find out for sure! And it's really the only way, it's pointless to guess. The color genetics for goats are SO COMPLICATED and, I've read, involve the last four generations of animals. :headsmack: I used to be obsessed with trying to guess what color combos our herd would give me and I have since just given up, lol.

·
8,331 Posts
ADGA is going to require each buck registered after either 2022 or 23, get DNA tested. At $30 a pop plus registrations fees, going to be a lot of thrown away baby buck kids! If you aren't selling them as registered, I wouldn't worry about DNA.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts