Who to Register With?

Discussion in 'Show Circuit' started by OurJourneysEnd, Nov 4, 2009.

1. OurJourneysEnd

OurJourneysEnd New Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Caro, MI
    My little Nigerian doe is registered with AGS. Our herd name is registered with AGS. Who else do I need to register with? I want to stick with Nigerians.

Now that I'm getting into this, I also think I might want to show...but I would definitely need to go to some shows first to see what they are all about. Does anyone know what shows are in Michigan that might be good for me to go to so I can watch and learn?

Thanks!

2. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I register AGS and ADGA. :)

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I only register my does with AGS but some areas there are only ADGA shows so having them dual registered can be helpful.

I would contact AGS for shows in your area. GOing to a show without showing is REAL helpful. And before or after teh show talk to the show secretary and give her your contact information so they can let you know when shows are happening. :D

4. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    I am registered with AGS and ADGA for nigerians. There are a couple other nigerian registries, but buyers interested in registered goats are mostly if not exclusively interested in those two registrations alone.

5. OurJourneysEnd

Nov 1, 2009
    Caro, MI
    Great info, thanks everyone! We are now members of the ADGA. I hadn't given it an honest hard look yet, but from what I had briefly seen on the Internet...ADGA shows seem to be what you find in Michigan. When I look into it further, I'll let you know. Thanks again!

6. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Depending on the shows in your area you may want to add ADGA to your registries. Here ADGA does the majority of shows. NDGA is really rare so I keep my bucks NDGA but not my does. All of my goats are ADGA and AGS.

7. OurJourneysEnd

Nov 1, 2009
    Caro, MI
    I had signed up with ADGA as soon as I saw everyone's replies. I just got the information packet in the mail and we now have the same tattoo as we do with AGS. YAY! Even though it seems obvious, that means we would only need to tattoo our goats once and just make sure they have the same registration numbers for both organizations, correct?

Thanks for the help, I LOVE this site. I am spending at least an hour here every evening reading, reading, reading...

8. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Its good that the tats are the same, I'm looking into doing the same as mine are AGS and NDGA with my buck being NMGA as well....for identity's sake for a friend.

You are quite welcome...we love to help when we can, and just wait til the snow starts to fly, you will be here alot longer than an hour!