Who would you breed her to?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by goathappy, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Ecudo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. BooBoo(Silus)

100.0%
  1. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Ok, I honestly do not know who to breed my Phoebe too. Both my bucks are so nice, so I'll just let you guys choose :D

Ok, here are your choices

*B Hazelridge-Farm Angela's Ecudo 4-04 87+EE
    [​IMG]

I don't have any pics of his dam but here is Ecudo's first freshening daughter by Phoebe
    [​IMG]

*B Haycreeks Showtime Silus 0-03 VEcEc, overall V aka BooBoo
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And his dam, a SGCH doe, Top Ten Doe, LA 88+EEV
    [​IMG]

And here is Phoebe, she is a GCH, Elite Doe, and now EX90
    [​IMG]

Thanks for your help :)

2. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    btw, here is a picture of Phoebe in milk:
    [​IMG]

3. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    wow i see why your asking us. i like both of them.. dang...

i'm going to say the little dude

4. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    I'd say the little dude too, I love his dam, she's gorgeous!

5. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    I say Ecudo. He has a proven daughter but what I really liked about him was his extremely level flat rump and sharp withers. Phebe could improve by having a flatter rump so my choice is him. Boo Boo would be a great choice to try next year while the kids grow out from Ecudo so you can see them freshen and still get some new blood from another cross with Boo Boo.

6. Firestone Creek Farm

Firestone Creek Farm New Member

Jul 11, 2008
    NC, USA
    I'd have to say the second one, too. That mom is fab. :wink:

7. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Wow, that is a tough decision. . . . they are both so nice. I love Ecudo's flat rump (like Ashley said) but it would be nice to get a daughter out of your little guy to see what he's producing.
    I would go with the little one because you've seen the cross before w/ Ecudo and Phoebe. That's just my thoughts though. . . . I'm definitely not an expert. :D

8. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I would have to say Ecudo. And next year breed BooBoo to her and her kids.

9. Sybil

Sybil New Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Rainier, Oregon
    What a tough decision. I would go with Boo Boo. What nice animals!

10. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I agree with Olivia, they are both great boys but you know that the first buck and Phoebe have proven to have great does...Go with Boo to see if he and Phoebe get the same or even better quality does :shrug:

11. gnomes'n'goats

gnomes'n'goats New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Under a mushroom
    Melikes both, but I'd go for Booboo.

(goodness, either you're really short, the goats are really tall, or both!)

12. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Dang, its at a tie. Oh this is so hard.......

I thought maybe Ecudo, since he is 4, just in case something happened to him....but something could happen to BooBoo too. Decisions Decisions :hair:

gng, I'm 5'4 and Ecudo was 32 or 34 inches at the withers(I forget) and Phoebe was 33, they are big goats :)

13. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Well, I just broke the tie I guess! I voted for Ecudo, I think because I'm sure you'd like to have another of his daughters and that sets BooBoo up for quite a herd of his own! I can't get over the size of these goats! Good luck! I need another buck, but mine are quite alot smaller (Nigerians).

14. harmonygoats

harmonygoats New Member

Nov 19, 2007
    Northern Arkansas
    The black and white picture of Phoebe makes her look like a cou blanc alpine. I don't know who to go with. I am having the same problem too, with my 8 year old lamancha doe 4 bucks i could breed her to or 10 bucks to AI her with. She throws beautiful kids no matter what she is bred to and her grand and great grand kids are even more beautiful. I would go with Boo and see what you get. If you dont like what you get out of that cross then go back to Ecudo. It is always a mistery with each breeding but if you find the right combination between the goats then you could have an even better goat.

15. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    Hmm...both Pheobe and Ecudo are starting to get up there in age. They are not old, but you know what I mean. I guess I would go with Ecudo. You have other does to try Booboo with. Tough decision. I think whatever you go with will still result in beautiful kids!

16. gnomes'n'goats

Oct 8, 2007
    Under a mushroom
    yeah, you really can't go wrong with breeding your do to either of the bucks!

(Sarah- you are short!) :bday:

17. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    jese, thanks for pointing that out :roll: lol jk

ugh, its tied again. I'll just keep an eye on the thread and see what happens, in the end, I guess I'll just flip a coin, hey can't go wrong with that :shades:

18. gnomes'n'goats

Oct 8, 2007
    Under a mushroom
    Yes... you must listen to the gods of coin flipping.

Heck- I'm a full 3 inches taller than you! (ha!) :dance:

19. gnomes'n'goats

Oct 8, 2007
    Under a mushroom

20. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I got ya both beat....I'm 5 inches taller than you Sarah....and 2 inches taller than you gng....though I think I do have more meat on my bones than either of you :ROFL:

Those are some big goats Sarah...my mom had an alpine wether that hit my waist with his shoulders...talk about a massive goatie!