Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by keren, Dec 22, 2008.

1. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Well, I'm not sure whether I told you guys this or not, but I finished my degree this year and intended to do honours next year. Well I hadnt heard yet whether I was approved or not so I emailed ... and apparently they lost my application somewhere :shocked: I freaked out, thinking I wasnt going to be able to do it, and that I wouldnt get any of the scholarships etc. Anyway, I spoke to my supervisor and he said we should be able to still arrange it, even though the closing dates are passed. Phew!

So anyway, he had me resubmit one of my scholarship applications to the Graham Centre, which is a research centre on uni campus, affiliated with the uni. I just got an email from my supervisor saying:

"Hi Keren

We've completed the rest of the scholarship application and submitted
    it. The director of the Graham Centre was very impressed and said you
    are virtually guaranteed a scholarship, well done."

:leap: That is so awesome, the Graham Centre scholarship closed like two months ago but they are still giving me one. It is $5000, $3000 of that if for your own personal use and you can use it for whatever (I'm sort of thinking some of it is going to go towards those British Alpines that I really really wanted - I just hadnt got enough money together well this is going to top it off plus give me money to travel over there). Its SUPPOSED to be money for you to live off for the year, but well those goats are going to be making me money so I suppose :greengrin: Anyway, the other $2000 is for costs related to the project - so that'll be used on fleece testing, and travelling between the properties etc. plus ordering journal articles that I want access to etc. I'm so excited, this year is gonna be so much fun.

Here's what my project is about, in case anybody is interested. I'm just copying and pasting this off my scholarship app.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    I was thinking that the post would be about the purchase of the goats but I guess in a way it sort of is.

Congrats on the scolarship and the potential goats down the road too :wink:

3. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    thanks stacey. Yeah, I am hoping he can hang on to them until the money comes in, otherwise I will go and get a short term loan ... I have to find out when they pay the scholarship money ...
  4. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    That is great! And that is really interesting too..
  5. MissMM

MissMM New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    McGregor, MN
    Holy cow! Very impressive project synopsis Keren!

The best of luck to you!
  6. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    That is awesome. :stars: A big Congratulations :clap:
  7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    That is super ...duper news.......Alright........ :leap: :wahoo: