Whoopee! Guess what!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Crissa, Oct 22, 2007.

1. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    I just asked my mom that if I can make the sale at my county show, (which usually pays around $850 and you get the animal back and most people make it) if I could plan on buying a registered nubian doeling and she said that I could, it really surprised me that she said yes! So if anyone has any suggestions on breeders or maybe I can even talk them into driving a bit and getting one from one of you or something. I'm so excited (and it's not even really time to be looking.) but just the thought of it makes me so happy! :D Now if it just wasn't so long of a wait! :roll: :wink:

2. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Cool Crissa! Congrats!
    As far as breeders go, I'd go on NubianTalk on yahoo lists and ask on there. Or go to http://www.adga.org and see if you can find any breeders on there.
    Good luck with your search!

3. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Thanks! I'll take a look.

4. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

hi crissa, there are several places you could look. One being Celtic-Stars nubians and nigerians. She started a program called give a kid to a kid. She is a former 4-her, and there is more info on her website.
    beth

5. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    That's great -by the time the sale comes around, you will have looked at all sort of lines and have a really good idea of what you want!

6. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    TENN
    crissa are you a member of ADGA? if so or you know of any one near you that is you can look in the members dierctory & find nubians in OK.

7. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    I actually applied last year and won Ojibwa Indy-N Tiger Lilly, but by the time they picked the winners the airlines wouldn't ship and I couldn't afford to do it by truck. I was so depressed because she was absolutely GORGEOUS! She was black with cream trim and frosted ears. ((sigh)) :(

enjoytheride: I sure hope so, but there's just so many to choose from!

fritzie: Yep, I'm a member, and I'm glad you reminded me I forgot that I actually saw a couple that were from a nearby town when I first got my stuff. :roll: But I also want to look at some others that aren't in Oklahoma just so that I can get the best that I can afford! :D I'm probably going to look at Candace's (Lyric's breeder) as well because she had some beautiful one's that were registered but were just out of my price range.

8. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    TENN
    hope you find what you are looking for. it is good that you have a bit of time to look & chose.

9. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Wow thats exciting! Congrats. :D

10. K-Ro

K-Ro New Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Texas
    Congratulations. You have lots of time to look and it is soooo exciting too.

11. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Thanks! :D Now what lines would you suggest? If I can talk to my parents into it I was actually thinking about a Spots of Sandale doe. But it's a lot of driving and gas money. :(

12. Hailee's Herd

Hailee's Herd New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Michigan
    Spots of Sandale is wonderful! I've tried to talk her into shipping. She didn't want to do that, though. Another farm in TN has spotted goats. I've asked them about shipping and they said that it was up to the buyer to get the goat. Here is their link. I can't remember if I already sent it to you. Sorry if I did:
    http://p5.hostingprod.com/@willandreyfarm.com/index

13. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Yeah you've sent it to me before but I lost it a while ago I was actually going to ask you about them! :lol: Well, if they ship and depending on how much money I can round up (and if the airlines will do it.) maybe that would be a good place to get one. Thanks Hailee!

14. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    I'm now on Willandrey Farms kidding list! :D She said that it would be fine if I ended up not being able to do it because of issues with the airline or the sale.