Who's the daddy? New Pics!!!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by kelebek, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Lil Man

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Joe Dirt

100.0%
  1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    So here is a question -

Who do you think the culprit of this breeding is? I believe I can say without a doubt - but curious what you all think...... I do not know if they are doelings or bucklings. Is all I know is that they are bigger then Chloe's single buckling born yesterday. These twins were born last night.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is a picture of the dam - China (those are her kids from a previous breeding - only pic I could find)

[​IMG]

Now possible sires -

Joe dirt - Nigerian

[​IMG]

or

Lil Man - Boer with a hint of spanish

[​IMG]

2. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Re: Who's the daddy?

Allison.........I am so sorry :hug: It is obvious enough that these kids are Lil' Mans'

They are still cute though....even though it could have been much worse for China had there just been one.

3. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa

lil man, atleast thats what I think!!

4. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

I know - I really think that they are Lil Man's also. And that is what I told her. I told her if she wanted to be 100% certain she could do DNA testing, as Lil Man is still here for a couple weeks before freezer camp. I can not believe how BIG China is in that picture - poor girl. Thank GOD she made it through this delivery.

She said that Chloe's kid weighed just under 2 pounds and that these 2 were much bigger. She is going out to weigh them now. It sounds like she may keep all 3 kids. Now to see if my lil mooners ended up pregnant also....aghhhhhhhhhhhh. If so she will deliver within a month.

My friend the vet is going out there tomorrow or the next day - so hopefully she will ultrasound Moon and make sure she is not pregnant.

5. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008

Even with my very limited experience I know that Joe dirt couldn't possibly be the daddy... he couldn't have found the doe trying to see through all that hair! :ROFL:

Ok, so I really guessed Lil Man also because of coloring. So glad everything worked out well, even if they aren't the breeding you wanted.

6. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA

Oh that's to bad, yes definately Lil Man. :hug: But i'm glad she made it through delivery fine....it could have been MUCH worse.

7. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama

Yep... looks like they were Lil' Man's... sorry Allison :hug: I am sure one of your other girls will have the kid you want though! And there is always Caramel if you don't get what you are looking for! :wink:

8. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon

Lil' Man for sure. That kinda stinks but it is true what everyone said that things could have gone much worse! But I'm glad all is well. Babies look healthy and that darker one is awfully cute!

9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

sorry Allison ........yep Lil Man :hug:
    I know you wanted them to be Joe's :(

10. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

Its all ok - I am not worried. I got a call yesterday from a lady in a panic.... I had given her 3 of my does and one had just given birth...... then she told me that China was getting an udder also ---- well the only two boys that I had on the property that could be guilty were these two.... so it was unexpected and unknown - and although it would have been nice to have them be Joe's - I am just thankful that everyone is good.

Still waiting to find out the sex - but yes - the red one is soooo cute! I have more Lil Man kids coming soon - so maybe I will get a solid red???

I emailed her a few minutes ago (we have been talking back and forth - as the one born yesterday and definately joe's isn't doing well - but looking up) but anyway, I asked if she was going to keep all 3 of the babies and if she knew what sex the twins were yet..... so I will let you know.

11. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

actually I am uncertain - I dont see a floppy ear on them and they are chamoisee which I dont think is a boer trait :shrug:

the one with the white is a chamoisee with a large white overlay. Drier pictures would be better to tell.

12. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007

Need to wait a few days, give those ears time to fix themselves if they are going to. If they are still droopy like that, then I'd say they are Lil Man's babies.

I had a pygmy that had a kid with floppy droopy type of ears. I started to think the Nubian got her...but they straightened out just fine. :)

13. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

I had a Boer/Saanan (50/50) that was bred by a nigi and she gave me a pure white with airplane ears and a brown and white spotted with pendulum ears....... so I can't base it just off of ears.

Now I went back and looked at pics of lineage goats in Joe and China's lines - no real color except on joe and a little spotting on others. But no solids at all. Don't know if that matters.

She is also going to weight them for me - as she said they were about double the size of the other one born yesterday and that one weighed in at just under 2 pounds.

14. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

The ears were one thing I was looking at, but the face of the first one was what really tipped me off.....that kid has too broad of a face to be 100% nigi....poor momma, that had to hurt.

15. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

I found out that the little red one is a buckling and the spotted is a doeling.

I have asked for some dry pics of the kids and have offered to give the buckling a home :) I know, I know - I don't need another - but I doubt she would give him up anyway!!!

Just thought I would let you know what they are!

16. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    So I got some new pics of the little ones born last week - they are so darn cute!!

Chloe delivered a single buckling on Sat., Jan 17th. He 1# 14 oz on Saturday and on Wednesday he was 2# 14oz. I am very proud of the owner because he was not good for the first 2 days and she pulled him through, is being dam raised, and is as normal as ever!

[​IMG]

Then about 12 hours later she had the twins shown above born. Thank goodness they were twins since dam was a Nigi and sire a Boer!! Anyway, the twins were weighed for the first time on Wednesday - so about 3 days old - they weighed in at just under 5# EACH :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: So here are better pics of the twins -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mooners trying to play with the mommas - see how little Sandy is nursing in the background compared to China nursing the huge red buckling!! LOL!

[​IMG]

So we are in the clear now - Mooners has NO bag at all and she would have to deliver within the next 2 days - so I think I am pretty safe to say - no more surprises!

17. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I am new to this goat world and know nothing about the whole breeding aspect.....but I do know they are all 3 the cutest little things!

18. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Chloes baby boy...him being a single AND being as little as he is...I'd say that Joe was his daddy!
    And that is good news about Mooners...no chance of her having too big a baby if she isn't preggy!

They certainly look as though they have a wonderful home too!

19. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama