The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm sure we all have that "special" goat who stands out from the rest of the herd. Share a pic of them here and tell me about them.

This is Vicxen. I have only had my goats for a year now but she is my favorite. When my boyfriend and I went to get our goats for the first time, we were originally going to pick out a pair of Saanen doe kids, but the breeder informed me she had one Alpine doe kid left and I decided to choose her and one Saanen for a little variety. It's funny because my boyfriend got to pick the Saanen he wanted and Daisy seems to be "his" goat and follows him everywhere now. Vicxen is definitely "my " goat. She knows I picked her and she stays by my side. She's the only one I can really trust off a leash to not browse too far away from me. And I often find myself milking her out on the stand and then realizing she was never locked in. She's the calmest, sweetest goat in my herd and the best milker when it comes to behavior on the stand. She never kicks or complains. When she was little she used to try to climb into my lap to relax and chew her cud.

Attachments

·
1,524 Posts
My favorite goat is my late Oberhasli doe Zoe. She was murdered by a neighborhood kid who torched my barn. She was in her teens, still produced 1 gallon + a day, had yearly triplets and was such a great mother that she raised her own kids, and then helped her daughters and granddaughters deliver their kids and then helped those kids find their mothers teats!

I have one of her daughters and a grand daughter in my herd now, but I so miss my Zoe. I am at work with no access to pictures, but will post one later.

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
This is my all time favorite goat, no not purdy but she will die here!!!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...64680017.75768.189936894447272&type=3&theater

She was one of my first 3 goats that I bought, I didnt like her, I couldnt pet her, or milk her for the longest time. She came from a dairy and was sent to the sale as a cull so Im sure abuse played a big part in the way she was. Now she is the best behaved, I can milk her out in the field no problem, and she loves to just lay by me when Im sitting out side. But this is only for me, no one else can touch her let alone milk her, so when she has milk I am on house arrest lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts