The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Do they feel hot, swollen, or tender to the touch as compared to other bucks? If he's six months old, he has definitely reached sexual maturity and will have gotten big testicles. I don't own ND's but my nubian bucks seemed to grow overnight, and he's only 4 1/2 months. They look like my friends bucks balls...if that makes sense. He's 2 though. Has he been chased?

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
They are pretty big but I'm not familiar with the smaller breeds.......I've never seen one in real life lol

·
Registered
471 Posts
If everything seems normal then it sounds like he's just greatly endowed. :) If it's hot outside, it could make them seem bigger because they will sit further from the body.

·
I'm watching you
22,532 Posts
Normal, very normal, especially if his mom was a large uddered doe.
Little goats have big appendages :)

·
Registered
471 Posts
I didn't know that udder size and jewel size had a link! Cool...learn something new every day. Glad he's normal, my goats aren't exactly little, heehee.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I can only imagine how funny it is when they first see him...".....Is that normal?" Little goat, big package!

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
11,090 Posts
Nigerians are very fertile little souls ... my 6 month old has the same size package as the 2 year old buck we had over this year.

·
Well, my username says it all... :)
2,751 Posts
Little Bits... Yep, I'd imagine so. Wanna know something kind of... "out of the box"?

My dad VOLUNTEERED to castrate our pet lamb! How many guys say they will freely do that, no questions asked? LOL, that surprised me! My dad is a softie, too. He cried when he saw our new baby nigerian dwarfs. He walked down in amazement that the doe had them without us watching ( :eek: Wow, like that EVER happens!) and started crying, mumbling at the same time, "They're so beautiful!". I couldn't stop laughing!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts