Why Can't I????

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Bona Fide, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Bona Fide

Bona Fide New Member

Oct 9, 2007
    Why can't I have the sense the good Lord gave me? I know it's hidden somewhere in this body...but it's not working for some reason...

We're so far from rich it makes me sick - looking up for us is "poor" but we manage. And here I am buying more goats. I'm fixinta throw my computer and phone in the garbage and hide in my own little world until people stop selling goats *laughs*.

No seriously, I wasn't supposed to have this many. I keep buying more, and more and oh my gosh, WHY? As it stands now - I'm bringing home 3 girls and 1 buck from 1 farm on July 11th, 2 girls from another farm on July 14th and NOW another doe from another farm on July 14th or 18th.

What's wrong with me? Thank God Nationals won't be this close again for a long time. And if gas weren't so expensive, I would've done added at least 5 more by now...enough is enough for pete's sake!!! My DH doesn't even like goats! *ROFL* This is a far stretch from the 4 girls I had that would be "enough" along with my small pen that was enough that is slowly taking over the entire farm....

DOES ANYONE HAVE A GOAT ADDICTION PATCH THEY COULD SPARE??!?!?!?! I'm totally going off the deep end here!
  2. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    :ROFL: Are you serious? You want US to "cure" your goat addiction? It can't be done, as far as I can tell. I think we all need to take a minute and admit we have too many goats...there, don't you feel better? So, tell us more about these new goats and what is your proposed purpose for them? Have you sold any before? Do you expect to make money from them? Will they provide meat or milk? Can you afford to feed them? Can you afford to feed yourselves (after you feed the goats, of course)?

I decided that my goats help keep me sane, I don't drink or smoke, or do drugs. I'm not a "shop-a-holic. I don't take long vacations. I have one "vice"... my animals. So, when I look at it that way, it's not soooo bad. Rationalization (is that a word), that's the ticket! :GAAH:

3. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    All I can say is

"Hello, my name is Lori and I am a goat addict". :shrug:
  4. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    A GA twelve step program- first you admit you have a problem. You did................
    But for the life of me, I can't think what the next step would be.............
    Oh look over there- isn't that the cutest goatie............... AND IT'S FOR SALE.................
  5. heavenlyhaven

heavenlyhaven Senior Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Belmont, NY
    :slapfloor: :wahoo: :slapfloor: :wahoo:
    when we had to sell out i was devastated
    then i found mini nubians and i was in love again
    i promised my DH 3 goats
    2 does and a buck to breed so i could milk
    i now have 13
    i don't look at goat ads anymore
    the 2nd step should be something along the lines of "there is a Higher Power and we need to turn control over to Him."
    problem is - goats are God's creatures and he wants them allto have loving homes
  6. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    I tell ya, when I knew I had to come to a stop, this is what I did...I thought about which goats would complete my herd and make it quality. I bought 6 more and that was it. I just told myself that's enough. It worked for me, BOUT A MONTH!!! :ROFL:

Then, I came across a website the other day...well the people aren't to far from us, they have reg. nigerians for cheap. I don't know if I can do it!!! :ROFL: It's so hard, they're so cheap!!! I know I have enough, but what's 1 or 2 more?? :roll: :doh:

My name is Kylee, I am a "goat buying" addict. I have been "goat buying" free for a month! :help:
  7. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    ok - so now that I have picked myself up off of the floor from :ROFL: so darn hard -

I must admit that I to am a buying addict! LOL!

I started with 4 goats and 2 dogs 1 year ago in mid August -

NOW - Deep breathe.....

12 goats (+2 more on the way and 7 or 8 are preggers)
    8 sheep (+5 lambs and 2 possibly pregnant ewes)
    4 horses
    3 dogs
    1 cat

and a partridge in a pear tree - LOL!

AND I can't quit looking at other peoples websites - craigslist - kijiji - sheephaulers - spokads - LOL! And the list goes on!

I to always make sure the "babies" are fed before anything - but I really think that next to my name where it says "content with addiction" is probobly right on! LOL! :idea:
  8. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    yep, i started out with two does, my dad said "no more right?" and two years later we have 15. oh well.

isnt this funny?
  9. Bona Fide

Bona Fide New Member

Oct 9, 2007
    lol I've been there too - we got up to 12 horses at one time when we were riding and breeding and training and selling...luckily we're down to 3 horses and a pony!! *(woooohoooo)*.

lol we're not quite THAT poor - ourselves or our animals will never go without feed - (lol anyone who has seen me knows I've rarely missed a meal ROFL).
    We bale our own hay, so it's helping a lot - hardly an issue or care for them even, I just don't necessarily NEED them.

What made it worse, I got up to 22+ Nigerians this year after kidding and sold my entire Nigerian herd and 3 of my 4 LaMancha babies and my husband made the mistake of telling me no more than 13 adults would be a good number so when I got down to 5 LaManchas I felt "obliged" to get my numbers back up. ROFL.

So I'll have 11 standard dairy goats which isn't necessarily "that" many compared to many folks - but once the 9 girls are bred, there will be a "keeper" in there somewhere - LOL!

Oh - no worries at all - I'll have pictures of my beauties and their pedigrees up next weekend *grins* I'm super excited with these girls. It's definitely improving my herd - I'm wanting to milk test and do linear appraisals next year --- one thing at a time...

LOL that's hilarious! Need a bumper sticker for that!!!
  10. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    I love that..............it says something.com but my eyes can't read it where did you find it? If it came in a bumper sticker I would get it!!!
  11. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    i dont remember, but it's one of the cafepress webistes, it was hard to find actually, i'll try and find it...i had it saved to my computer. yeah i laughed pretty hard when i saw it. hey we are getting 5 kid goats next week ...i'll post pictures. i couldn't help it. they were free.
  12. Kittikity

Kittikity New Member

Jun 12, 2008
    Free goats? Can't get any better than that..

My name's Jacquie and I'm a goat addict too.. I don't have any goats yet, but I'm always looking at websites and saying,"I'd like one of those, and one of those, and one of those".. I'm lucking I can't afford to buy more than one goat at a time or I'd be in real trouble.. I'm planning on limiting myself to 6 does and two or three bucks.. But we all know how the best layed plans go astray..
  13. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    okay i found it!

theres's lots more designs, especially made for goat addicts like us, they can be shirt designs or bumper stickers, mugs, other.......

go to the cafepress homepage and type in "goats" on the search thing, and they should be on page 1.