Why do I make plans?

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by StaceyRosado, Feb 2, 2009.

1. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I have this 'bad' habit of making plans for my goat herd.

I decided that I would only breed 3 does this year - I have 4 does bred.

I decided that Sweet Pea would be bred to Vice - she was bred to Luthor

I decided to breed my girls with space between kiddings - I have two due in May and two in June (I think I accomplished this goal :wahoo: )

I decided I should probably retain a buck kid from Angie or Lola - result? haha change of plans already. I am on RunAround's waiting list for a buck kid from 'Anna'

I decided I should also or instead retain a doe kid from Sweet Pea - ? leaning towards this strongly

:GAAH: :doh:

Last year I had all these plans to - I think I only accomplished like 2 of them. One was to start milking again and another was to go to at least one show.

2. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    I'm a really big planner type too and most of mine go their own way too. Do I learn? Heck no, I'm planning away for 2009. :p I was suppose to have a milk parlor last year, addition on the barn, more fence run, etc. Well that stuff is finally starting this year. We built the floor to the milk parlor yesterday. I can't wait! I'm afraid to say what we're going to do anymore for fear of it not getting done. ;)

I was also planning lots of does to be bred in September, just a couple in March and April. Well the does had other plans, I ended up with everyone being bred in October so all my babies will arrive in March. I had loads of plans to use Redcard so I sold Anna's bucklings. Then Redcard died so my entire plan for that whole line was gone. At least with an Anna buckling I could have persued that goal. Without one, it was just gone.

So we'll see how my plans change this year.

3. mnspinner

mnspinner New Member

Aug 13, 2008
    As John Lennon so aptly put it: "Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
    Tell me about it!

4. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Don't worry - I am in the exact same boat! I have pretty well given up and will just take it as it goes! LOL! :shrug:

5. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    yep... NOTHING goes as I plan!!! I am just going to keep my fingers crossed that everything works out for February :pray: the way I have planned... ggeeeezzz... :GAAH:

6. MissMM

MissMM New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    McGregor, MN
    I know it is so frusterating when things don't go as planned. But without a plan at all, you'd have mass chaos, right? Around here, we call it a rolling cluster-****.

I too write down my "goals" for the year and specific steps to take to reach them. Then I also make a bigger goal to accomplish 25% of my goals........... cause I know I always make bigger goals than I ever have hope of acheiving. If I make at least 1 in 4 of them, it's still all good!

7. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Changed one of my plans already :ROFL:

8. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Stacey....I'm not a whole lot older than you but I have learned the hard way that the best laid plans are made to be changed. :ROFL:

My plan for this kidding season:

Binky bred to an "outside" buck.....DONE
    Retaining a doeling.......to be determined!

Angel bred to Teddy...DONE
    Her having a better udder than her dam's.....to be determined

Fencing my boys in with electric this year......to be determined!!!

Having my barn finished(trim).....depends on procrastinating hubby!

9. Jenna

Jenna New Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Yes, I am already planning for next year !! :roll: I am really ahead of myself , looking forward to next years kids when this years kiddings are not even half over!! :shrug:

10. MissMM

MissMM New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    McGregor, MN
    Hey Liz...... I've found that dragging out the power tools and duct tape with full intentions of doing it myself has a strange way of getting the hubby off of his procrastinating bumm....... especially now that duct tape comes in multiple colors ............

11. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    I, too, am a planner. Then I make other plans- while I am carrying out the first set of plans.

When I am most determined to follow through on a goal, that is when the Universe makes it's own plans. I was planning on retaining a doeling from Dixie. . . well that isn't going to work :)