The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a lamancha doe who was born mid march when I got her the place I was keeping my goats was not providing proper feed, water, or living space (why I got out as quick as possible) now my does born in mid june are bigger than her and I'm worried she is not growing properly. What could have happened/could be wrong? And what do I do?

·
2,203 Posts
I have a lamancha doe who was born mid march when I got her the place I was keeping my goats was not providing proper feed, water, or living space (why I got out as quick as possible) now my does born in mid june are bigger than her and I'm worried she is not growing properly. What could have happened/could be wrong? And what do I do?
Worm load, cocci, external parasites, failure to thrive, pedigree all come into play. She may also be a slow developer.

·
Super Moderator
58,847 Posts
You need to have a fecal done. Make sure it includes coccidia. She is going to need extra. She can catch up but you need to make sure she is parasite free and that she is getting her share of the feed and hay.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts