Why does she do this?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Trace, Oct 29, 2009.

1. Trace

Trace New Member

Dec 28, 2008
    My nupine goat takes her head and swings it all around 360 - why does do this - is she just looking around- or is she possessed. :scratch:

2. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I have a goat that does that also. As long as they are not acting weird and like star gazing or "off", they are just being a cute goats.

3. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    I have one that does something like that too...she really likes to put her feet up on the wall and tip her head back and look at me upside down. I guess it's just something some goats like to do for fun. :shrug:

4. BetterBuckskins

BetterBuckskins New Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Taxachusetts
    We have a couple of does that find head twirling amusing. :)

5. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    I've only noted it in goats who have chocolate color. Ie chocolate chamoisee, chocolate buckskin or solid chocolate etc. I have just one now who on a rare occasion does it. I've had does in the past who were pretty persistant about it. Don't know. Guess they get to see all the way around them that way?

6. Trace

Trace New Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Thanks all - I am glad to hear hat she isn;t possessed - although I am still not 100% convinced that she isn;t.

:GAAH:

7. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Yeah, lots of our goats like to head twirl. I think it's funny. :slapfloor:

8. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    I've got 1 that does that! She's comical anyway! And I can here her neck crack like I crack my knuckles!

9. jesse300

jesse300 Guest

Oct 28, 2009
    I don’t have any that can do 360* with there heads, but I do have some that will drop to the ground, roll over, jump right back to there feet, and then look at use like we did something crazy.

10. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I have had goats do it for attention like "mom come on!" and others who only do it when in heat.

11. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Past goats I had.... did the same thing....
    they were silly...LOL :greengrin:

12. Idahodreamer

Idahodreamer Senior Member

Well, at least it isn't nose grabbing.
    Daisy does it as a sign of affection---but its not appreciated.
    I had to take her in for a vet check---and right when i was about to warn the vet, she was already trailing her nose gently across his cheek, making soft sounds in her throat, all angel eyes and then CHOMP.
    It...was...so...HUMILIATING..... :angry:.
    Anyway, I had 3 does who did the upside down view thingy. Their just being cute. :)

13. Mully

Mully New Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Mt Ulla , NC
    All goats are possessed :ROFL: Every one of mine have some wonderfully crazy trait, thats why I love them.

14. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    My Alpine does that. She gets up on the gate and does that. It always freaks me out, because she looks like she might fall over backwards and break her neck. I told you I'm a worry wart!

Dayna

15. Ariel301

Ariel301 Guest

Oct 12, 2009
    Hahaha I used to have a doe that did that. She wasn't chocolate, she was black and purebred LaMancha. She had some other weird issues that made us think she wasn't quite right in the head, but she would climb up on the fence, throw her head back, curl up her top lip, and do the head twirl. She'd also balance against the side of our house that way. I always thought maybe she was trying to find a way over the fence (Our fences are 7 feet high) or onto the roof of the house, since she could see up there from the ground.