The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30,566 Posts
Yes, a Buck in rut will forget their manners...take a stick in with you and swat his nose...not hard..just enough to sting a bit..he will get the message..isometimes it works best to put feeders and water dishes near the fence line so you dont have to go in with him..

·
8,163 Posts
Be careful around the bucks now. They only have one thing on their minds
( :lovey: ) and they can hurt you. Even the super nice ones
tend to forget their manners and act stupid. They have no idea how strong they are. Just like bulls and stallions, they can be
very unpredictable. I'm not trying to scare anyone, just be aware of where your buck is when you are in his pen. After rut,
they will go back to their normal selves, but in the meantime, just be careful!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all! I have just gotten my goats about 3 months ago and I'm still new at the consept. Here is a picture of them both

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
11,082 Posts
First thing to come in mind is, does he have a buddy? Bucks in rut CAN get aggressive, but I've never had one get aggressive towards me, they take it out on each other. I think it's pretty important for them to have someone to spar with. I definitely second being careful, and don't let him get away with it! If one of my boys were to threaten me, I'd tug his ear, swat his nose, or, if nothing else was working, I'd flip him right to his side.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts