The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm on craigslist you see so many people have a Boer, or a Boer Nubian! why are they so popular right now? I mean, a Nubian is a milking goat, isin't it? Any info would be great!

·
Premium Member
4,629 Posts
I'm on craigslist you see so many people have a Boer, or a Boer Nubian! why are they so popular right now? I mean, a Nubian is a milking goat, isin't it? Any info would be great!
The nubian adds milk and good mothering to the boers who sometimes are not the best at milk and mothering. Lots of boers are great mamas too though. It also adds size for meat.

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
I know when I first started I had mostly dairy cross. They were cheaper then full boers and I was able have a income of kids and slowly move them along and get either better more pure boers or keep the kids that were more Boer.
A lot of people pick Nubian because it is easier to hide the dairy influence then it is in other dairy breed. Here anything that looks dairy brings much less, meat/ sell yard wise.

·
8,067 Posts
Nubians were originally a multi purpose animal. They were used for both meat and milk. Now, they are getting much less meaty and way more dairy, but the Nubian X adds creamy milk to the mix.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts